Channel V Dil Dosti Dance

SwaRon: Of Chance Encounters and an Era-Change :)

Riddikulus thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
It's like the writers read my mind. Literally.

Just last night I was mentally equating the two occasions that found Swayam and Sharon in the middle of an empty road, him on his way home on his cycle, her with her car broken down. And it felt like two different eras, pretty much. 😳

Swayam is different and yet the same. He still stops by with the same question: "car problem?" and the same offer of help. Except that now he's found his ground, beyond the loverboy-persona, and has learnt to stand up for the individual that he is, that he always has been. I LOVED the dialogues he was given today, as he looked back at the same incident. "Main tumhara pet nahin raha, jise jab chahe haddi daal di, jab chahe fatkar diya..." The words hit hard, for the audience and Sharon alike.

The same goes for Sharon too. She still has her sarcasm-cum-hostility cloak on, but it's begun to slip every now and then. And that happens most inevitably when she realises that Swayam can see right through it. He predicts her very words, and tells her bluntly how completely futile and ineffectual they are. Because he knows they mean nothing at all. And she has no idea how to deal with him except by the most archaic escapist statement of all: "Tum badal gaye ho." But his response renders even these words worthless. He's changed for the better, and not for the worse.

What I said about the two scenes seeming like two eras holds good even for the performances, for me. One look at even the tiny snippet they used in today's episode seemed enough to show me the difference between Shantanu-Sneha then, and Shantanu-Sneha now. From body language to dialogue delivery, you two have grown and HOW. Touchwood! 🤗

Thank you for the brilliant writing, CVs. We really appreciate it. Still a little disappointed that there was so little of SwaRon, but here's hoping the continuity will be kept up after tonight's sequence. Seriously good stuff. 
Edited by nandinidev - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lov_in_d_air thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
@nandinidev: first i would lik to say...ur writing is jst awesum...lov d way u express every emotion of d scene...grt wrk...👏

Swayam is awesum wid his attitude...His words hit d mark..nt jst to sharon bt to us too...i cn feel d hurt in words...awesum wrk by Shantannu n dialog writers...👍🏼
-bitz- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
d first half was so CUTE but d second half and the promo to painful!! :'(
hats off to Sneha and shanTANNU's acting 😳
SwaRon227 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nandiniii Diii Kya writing hai meri jaaan 🤗

And well.. LOL kitti baar batau ? :P m to full too confused ! to be happy or sad??!!? cause that scene was just TOOO cute! ^^  but the words .. swayam said .. HAYYYEE so painful! </3 .. mixed feling i tell u ! 
mrun_29 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
hmm... vry nycly written...!!
swayam has reili.chngd.. his actin is oso gettin betta n betta day by day... n i oso luv sharonz xpression vd his every sentence.. almost every word.. e1 v get hurt weneva sharon or swayam r hurt... dats d beauty of deir actin... luvin dem even more...
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
I dunno ... really todays SwaRon bit left me ... Nandu I'll come back and comment when Ill have found my words back .. For now all I gotta say is .. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY !!! TanHa / SwaRon = MAGIC  
barbdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
cant believe m sayin dis, but badly need shivam n between swaron track!!!!!!! cuz at least i am 1 of d biggest SHARON fans, so i cant c swayam sooo mean wid hr...i nevr h8ed sharon yarr, kitni bhi mean ho, i still lv hr n will always lv hr n appreciate hr skills!!!!!!!!!
😃 
LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
"Main tumhara pet nahin raha, jise jab chahe haddi daal di, jab chahe fatkar diya..."

dis dialogue said it all...din't it?????????? HIT HARD MAN...

But disheartened with the length of da scene again...but yeah nothing's lk swaron magic...no odr pair can match dem...

LiveEatLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: lov_in_d_air

@nandinidev: first i would lik to say...ur writing is jst awesum...lov d way u express every emotion of d scene...grt wrk...👏

Swayam is awesum wid his attitude...His words hit d mark..nt jst to sharon bt to us too...i cn feel d hurt in words...awesum wrk by Shantannu n dialog writers...👍🏼

shantanu is nailing it wid  his superb acting...each nd evry day...
AreYaar thumbnail
I liked today's scene...they are giving evolution to their storyline even if they have a mere 5 minute scene in the epi...like Swaron911 said, quality over quantity.

Swayam's dialogue about how he's not her pet any longer that she can throw him a bone when she feels like it or scold him when she feels like it...Sharon needed to hear this...and right now she is confused...and keeps on repeating that he's changed...ofcourse he's changed, Sharon...there is a fallout to all actions...did you think Swayam would run behind you like a puppy forever? He has a spine and self-respect too.

I think Sharon will miss him more than ever now...she is verbalizing that through the "You've changed" line again and again and doesn't seem to know what to think.

Good choice of music in today's scenes as well...with the instrumental 'mere paas hai' ...gave the scene a nice poignant touch.