India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Raj Kumar's daughter enters the Bollywood

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:34am | IP Logged

Another Bollywood progeny makes her debut. Vastavikta, daughter of the legendary Raj Kumar, will be seen Friday in Karan Razdan's supernatural thriller "Eight Shani".

Though the film has a sizeable sleaze content - Razdan made the controversial "Girlfriend" - and Vastavikta exposes quite a bit, she says she won't do a dare-bare act to add shock value to a film.

"Each artiste has to decide on their own and I will not expose to add shock value to a film. In case I accept any such role, it will depend upon many factors," says the daughter of the actor who gave Indian cinema classics like "Naya Daur" and "Neel Kamal".

Vastavikta says she didn't feel uncomfortable working with the director, who is more famous for making films with plenty of sleaze and sex.

"I was very comfortable with him and there was a family atmosphere on the sets. Karan Razdan never imposed his decisions on anybody. He was open to suggestions," Vastavikta told IANS.

When asked her about her role, she said: "I am playing Kamini who is born and brought up in London. She loses her parents at a very tender age and is emotionally disturbed. I can't reveal more but something unusual happens in her life that changes everything."

Vastavikta has always aspired to be an actress. After finishing her degree course from New York, she took acting lessons under Vidur Sir and attended workshops with Satyadev Dubey and Shernaz Patel.

She also learnt jazz under Shiamak Davar and went to Terrence Lewis classes.

Apart from "Eight Shani", Vastavikta has three more projects in her kitty.

Her elder brother Puru Rajkumar is still struggling to make it big and so the family have pinned all their hopes on her.

Other star kids making their big screen debuts this year - Rishi Kapoor's son Ranbir, Anil Kapoor's daughter Sonam and Mahesh Bhatt's son Rohit.

srk_kadz IF-Rockerz
srk_kadz
srk_kadz

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Thanks!!!
Delight Senior Member
Delight
Delight

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
I didnt know he had a daughter... Thanks!!
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
LOL neither did i... LOL thanks for sharing!!! Wink
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top