Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

I am not divorcing my wife: Shiney

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:59am | IP Logged

Shiney Ahuja
Plagued by rumours that his marriage (a closely guarded secret till a few months ago) is breaking up, Shiney Ahuja is angry and perturbed.

Shiney says he is happily married to Anu, a high-ranking executive in American company Office Tiger. She is posted in New York, but is currently in Chennai to oversee the company's operations there.

How long have you been married?
We have been married for seven years.

Why has your marriage always been shrouded in secrecy?
My wife is a private person and I respect her wishes. My marriage is the most beautiful thing to have happened in my life. I am who I am only because of my wife and I am very fortunate to have the love of my life for my wife. But this is the first and last time I am giving a statement on my wife, to squash the ugly stories that someone is concocting.

People feel you are trying to hide your marriage as you are an upcoming star and it might harm your career.
I don't think anyone can be successful by putting down others, so whoever it is who is trying to malign my wife's name and our relationship, please look after your own work. I have never denied my marriage. No one asked me or was interested, but suddenly, there is interest from all corners.

My wife got the opportunity to go to New York for work and I supported her, and will continue to do so. Anu has her own thriving career and I am happy for her independence and growth. I respect her wish of not wanting to be part of the limelight. I want to see her happy, because in her happiness lies mine.

Is it true that you and your wife are going through a divorce?
Do I need to reply to this after my last answer? No, we are not.

Your wife didn't accompany you at the Filmfare function, where you won an award.
Can't people have other important meetings? Did I know for sure the award was coming my way? I told her not to cancel her work as she had attended the Filmfare pre-party and the Screen awards with me. How come no one remembers that? I am touched by the fact that people are missing her so much!

At the Filmfare awards, you acknowledged your parents but not your wife…
Please! I even thanked the host with a wrong name and also my forgot my producer's name. I was just in a daze. It's my first Filmfare award and I think it's natural for me to be disoriented.

Is this is your second marriage?
From where do people concoct such stuff? No, this is not just my second, but I own a harem — this is my 64th wife!

What are the films you are doing?
There's Fanaah, Gangster, Rocking (with Sushmita Sen), Metro, Woh Lamhe and Bahut Nikale Mere Armaan, by Sudhir Mishra. I have committed to two more that will release next year.

Are you happy with your role in Gangster, considering that Emraan Hashmi has been in all the promos till now?
Emraan is the musical star and is being positioned to promote the music of the film. I am glad he is part of the movie and no one knows better than Mahesh Bhatt how to promote a film. I trust him totally.

Hopefully, you'll like me when you see the film. If he can draw more audiences then I will thank him for it.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top