Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

Evolution in Modern Indian Music (Page 5)

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Mohinis - calm down.

HR and AS is not members of this forum - so Priya was trying to say that don't be confrontational - that's it.

Saying bad things seriously (I make sarcastic remarks to HR too - but in a fun tone) behind someone is bad - I agree. But isn't it worst to directly confront someone and call names?!

Again - chill please.

Why don't you PM Priya to resolve the matter?

Edited by soulsoup - 23 March 2006 at 11:56pm

apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Appaji, my dad used to tell me a golden rule years ago. I didn't listen to him then. I think we should follow it now. He said - The dogs keep barking in the distance, but the Caravan moves on undeterred.

Maunam iti sukham.

Exactly. Lets just ignore.

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mohinis

Originally posted by apparaohoare

Mohini ji, Salil da ka likha hua amazing article ke thread mein aap apna bakwas bandh karengi please. I just don't give a damn about that copycat HR. Kisi ke saath music ke topic mein debate karne se pahele apna music knowledge thoda increase kijiye. I have asked you several times that could you please name those ragas, but you never answered. You claim that the songs of Tere Naam are raga based. Of course they are. All the songs in our country are similar to one raga or the other. But that does not change the fact that HR is a Xerox machine.

Soul soap see what this appra wrote , had i said any thing wrong about him, and he wrote this...

"Soul SOAP" - Now I am going to sue you for this!!  LOLLOLLOL

Just chill Mohinis, just chill. Take it easy.
OK I'll scold Appa in PM.

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:20am | IP Logged

Soul soap , I was talking to priya, see what appra wrote, he say bakwas, nonsense and all these words, do u think he should say these words?

Mohinis, I am having some trouble replying to ur pm, so will send it to u a lil later.

Meantime, let us not go around stirring trouble unnecessarily.

In the thread, there was a perfectly valid discussion going on.

AD made a comment, his opinion on HR, that they should learn something from the Masters of the earlier years.  "omeone please tell that to HR, V-S and the other such dumbos " -  except the casual use of the expression dumbos, nothing wrong with the post. 

You replied there, saying HR songs are raaga based.  YOu personally targetted members, stating that they have no knowledge of music etc.
Originally posted by MOHINIS

but the persons who have no degree, no experience in music and call these composers dumbo , himself is dumbo. They have lot of knowledge in music and many songs of theirs are on Ragga based eg All tere naam songs were raga based, So if any body will call them dumbo, Iis my opinion that he is a dumbo..

Beyond stating that, you had nothing to really state about HR.  Instead you just made a personal attack on someone for just airing their views in a non controversial manner.

Someone asked you to state the raaga behind a particular song of HR.  In reply, you googled and posted an article about the Raaga in HR's songs.  No harm done.  But when you question another members degree and experience in music, you need to be a maestro yourself. 

Repeatedly, apparao  told you that if you name the raaga of the song (which was the subject of discussion in that thread).  You chose to instead pick on adjectives (mild, compared to some others which have been found on the forum) and not answer that one point.  If you had put down the name of the raaga, that would have been the end of the story.

Your only answer to soulsoup is that HR himself said that his songs are raaga based.

Every composer is going to say that about his songs.  In fact, in Indian music, every song is based on a raaga.

Did you know that even for donkeys braying, there is a raaga (ketalodi raagam)Wink  (thats just a lil joke to reduce the seriousness of the post)

There is no doubt that HR composes tunes which are on the lips of many a youth in this generation today.  If someone does not like him, does that mean anything?   Mohinis, in a forum it is not necessary that everyone likes those people who you like.  It is also not necessary that the ones you like are the best for the others too.

I have seen many posts where you have used names and adjectives for ID, another music director of this age and others too. 

Pot cant be calling the kettle black.  Please look into your posts again and see if you are without any fault. 

PS:-  Everyone please now calm down.  Let us not turn a perfectly good post into another battle ground.  Chill guys, its friday afternoon.  Thoda toh reham khaao....

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:26am | IP Logged

S. priya , what these members write about us bakwaas, copy cats, dumb, xerox copy, they are what, good things, they are personal attacks, if we even write to defend ourself that u say personal attack, u are really partial.

First of all, they did not TARGET YOU.  The expressions were used for HR.  NOT YOU.

YOU Chose to target members, not the other way round.

Anyone who does not agree with the member is partial and biased.  That is just a natural assumption and feeling and I am going to ignore that comment of yours.
Bhaskar.T IF-Sizzlerz
Bhaskar.T
Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Mohinis you have problem with the mods discuss it with them through PM's. Don't destroy a good topic. We will get back to you soon. Just give us some time.

It's my request to others too please ignore those posts and don't retaliate. Discuss the topic and stop the fighting. Use PM's for these private messages.

soulsoup IF-Dazzler
soulsoup
soulsoup

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Aur mujhe jo usne SOAP bana diya - uska keya hoga?? Cry LOL

Just kidding - back to the instruments in indian music.

Guys - when usage of guitar first started in hindi music? Any ideas?

Edited by soulsoup - 24 March 2006 at 12:34am
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 12:34am | IP Logged
Arre abhi Bhaskar said not to retailate, ab shanti shanti shanti.......
remember Sur's golden mantra Tongue

Go to top