India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Deconstructing Lavanya!

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 5:17am | IP Logged

I see a lot of calls for wanting to see Lavanya's head to roll from the serial but let's just take a deep breath and take a step back and see her from a compassionate point of view. The fact that she was the main woman in ASR's life much before Khushi serendipitously entered his life has been conveniently overlooked. Like it or not Khushi is the other woman!

They both liked being each other's old comfortable shoe- you know it has lost its shape, form, size and fit yet you feel so comfy in it that you don't want to throw it away.  He was happy with whatever their relationship was and had no intention of changing the status quo or her. She perfectly fitted his idea of what a companion should be- charming, good looking and sophisticated, she was not going to push him into a redefinition of their relationship and certainly was not expecting any commitment from him which suited him perfectly to the T.

She liked having him as her trophy boyfriend. He was the boss and her lover which must have made her feel that she got a wonderful catch in him and made her feel like the cat's meow among her friends. They both had the same social class and 'up market'   backgrounds which in turn made a perfect foil for both of them to  present to the outside world. She must have felt absolutely elated when the whole engagement proposal fell on her lap and she grabbed it as the next step to the evolutionary process of moving from Ms to Mrs.

Since their relationship was never of equals but more of convenience she did not expect anything in terms of emotional feelings or any demonstrations of affection as she accepted him for who he was- moody morose and prone to dark bouts of anger.( Now what that says about her own self esteem issues can be kept for another dayCry) but she was alright with that as long as she got her trophy husband and the perks of being his wife.

Then love happened to ASR but he was obdurate and pigheaded enough not to know acknowledge the feelings in him till it was a bit late. Now she is going through the soul hurting agony of knowing that he is not that into her and probably never was and he is probably madly  badly and passionately in love (a word she would never have associated with him) with some one else who also evolved from being her target to her friend and that can hurt so bad knowing that you were just an expedient for them to fall in love.

My advise to Lavanya-, Giving up doesn't always mean you're being weak, Sometimes it means you're strong enough and smart enough to let go. Thank them both for setting you free to allow some one else who will give you the love you so richly deserve and who you can love back freely.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpDCgirlS.StephyLyssaPieDiyaStinselprincessunara

Infofan IF-Sizzlerz
Infofan
Infofan

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 7:12am | IP Logged
very well said.

interesting post, will post later, at work nowEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Julie0001DCgirlFairyLiquidSoap

DCgirl Goldie
DCgirl
DCgirl

Posted: 14 December 2011 at 7:15am | IP Logged
First off... super like your post!
secondly, I have nothing against La's character in IPK... no complaints! However, like you said... giving up on someone doesn't make you weak, it shows you are strong enough to do it. My only qualm here is that I read in the star plus article that Arnav breaks up with La not the other way round. This... I did not expect... such a bummer.

Arnav is not the same person La started her relationship with. Actually they both are different people now. Instead of fighting for her place in his life and clinging to whatever is left in their relationship. I think the natural thing to do is walk away... doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt but its better than torturing yourself in a love-less/emotion-less relation, right?

I wanted to think from CVs perspective, why they are making Arnav break-up with La and not the other way... my logic says, lets imagine Arnav - La are already married and she finds out he is hung up on someone... would she give up on her husband so easily? She will try to work out the marriage, since it will be more hard to give up on a marriage with someone you are in love with. does that make sense? and thats why they are having Arnav come up with "Its not fair to string her along if he doesn't do justice to the relation"!

It is a sad situation. La is not at fault but she is the one ending up hurt... but thats what happens in real world too... thats just the way the cookie crumbles!!!

P.s: After watching the episode... I think I have to eat my words... it was done very well. She knew it all along she just didn't wanna admit it... kinda denial mode I guess...
Poor girl... it was really hard to watch that scene... much harder than I thought!

Edited by DCgirl - 14 December 2011 at 8:02am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

FairyLiquidSoap

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top