Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 7)

Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Actually the news here, paper (I hate their news paper) etc olny has theeir news..hardly any touch f outside world..My first tiem experiecne whic I still laugh at is,...my co-workers were in a rush to go home for a world champion series of Football..and it was not our football (We call it Volley ball) and was a state level (National) champion ship..they are too proud to play with any country....Only thing i like in average american as that do not lie and are simple and straight forward...it it ignorance due to media and schools/colleges

may be kyonki asliyat khul jayegi Wink

X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Originally posted by apparaohoare

Originally posted by amogh8188

Originally posted by dolly

1 more question?

Do Indians live in houses? Wink

heheheeh,

i tell u my experinece

I told one of my coworker ...to be polite and all when I saw her house saying you have a nice house   she asked me do you have houses there.I said yes. and she said isn't india is a desert with lot of snakes and snake charmers.....she saw in a movie thatLOL

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

Unfortunately, to some extent yes.  I stay in Texas, where most  of the people are still cowboys and cowgirls at heart.  They have a very limited knowledge.  On an average the level of General Knowledge of a common person is very very low in USA. 

One story from my side: 

Few months back we had a party in our office.  Everyone wanted to have Indian food as many of my collegues did not have Indian food  earlier, so I had to volunteer to cook.  Anyway, just before the day of the party I was asked by two of our collegues whether Indian food has ingredients like eyeball or brains.  They got that idea by watching Indiana Jones.  Dead

I was so shocked that I could not reply. 

This is going so crazy that now i m beginning to think that Americans have not advanced to the Information age.

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Yup.. I hated Indian Jones when i saw that movie.. wanted to sue that idiot SS.... Dead Dead
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:44am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Actually the news here, paper (I hate their news paper) etc olny has theeir news..hardly any touch f outside world..My first tiem experiecne whic I still laugh at is,...my co-workers were in a rush to go home for a world champion series of Football..and it was not our football (We call it Volley ball) and was a state level (National) champion ship..they are too proud to play with any country....Only thing i like in average american as that do not lie and are simple and straight forward...it it ignorance due to media and schools/colleges

may be kyonki asliyat khul jayegi Wink

hehehehee

for them world new is american news

ms04 Senior Member
ms04
ms04

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Movies arent doing anything good either to the indian image.
An old american lady I know, watched monsoon wedding and got the image that indians eat marigold in weddings...
and asked me how does it taste... LOL
uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

I really find Newpapers and news channels every funny here...

I keep on ask my hubbie.. Is Bush president of USA or Iraq.. Big smile Big smile
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Originally posted by apparaohoare

Originally posted by dolly

1 more question?

Do Indians live in houses? Wink

heheheeh,

i tell u my experinece

I told one of my coworker ...to be polite and all when I saw her house saying you have a nice house   she asked me do you have houses there.I said yes. and she said isn't india is a desert with lot of snakes and snake charmers.....she saw in a movie thatLOL

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

Unfortunately, to some extent yes.  I stay in Texas, where most  of the people are still cowboys and cowgirls at heart.  They have a very limited knowledge.  On an average the level of General Knowledge of a common person is very very low in USA. 

One story from my side: 

Few months back we had a party in our office.  Everyone wanted to have Indian food as many of my collegues did not have Indian food  earlier, so I had to volunteer to cook.  Anyway, just before the day of the party I was asked by two of our collegues whether Indian food has ingredients like eyeball or brains.  They got that idea by watching Indiana Jones.  Dead

I was so shocked that I could not reply. 

This is going so crazy that now i m beginning to think that Americans have not advanced to the Information age.

you are right, like i said before they show the avrage american that they are the best and they should feel lucky to be born here

Edited by dolly - 23 March 2006 at 9:46am
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ms04

Movies arent doing anything good either to the indian image.
An old american lady I know, watched monsoon wedding and got the image that indians eat marigold in weddings...
and asked me how does it taste... LOL

hahahaha,

you could have obliged her..by tasting itLOL

Go to top