Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 6)

uknaik99 IF-Rockerz
uknaik99
uknaik99

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:37am | IP Logged
Yes.. in my experince.. people in USA are very ignorant about India and rest of the world...

question i frequently encounter here iS - DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH??

Also they ask about my Bindi all the time.. I am feedup explaining why i put it.. now i hv started saying Bindi means my husband is still alive LOL LOL

I prefer to wear Indian traditional dresses over Jeans.. most of the people apperciate it but i do encounter strange looks all the time   Smile Smile

Let me tell you one this - East or West .. INDIA IS THE BEST

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Originally posted by teenindia_usa

What is worse is when some indians who live abroad themselves are ignorant Confused U know abcd's. (I mean I grew up abroad yet know all about myculture and goto india often.) Smile

Also, they try tobe so hip and look at those of us who are into ourculture as ....well U get the idea Ying Yang

well guys got to go thanks on this topic Clap

exactly

you know ghar ka dhobi na ghar ka na ghaat kaLOL

X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Originally posted by ritika24

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Originally posted by gvnls

Wat r these questions all about, where r they asked? this is disgusting.

Shruit..being NRI we do see these type of questions comming up to us....

People used to be surprised to know I am Indian due to fair color and fluenency in English, 99% every one has asked me twice to confirm that I am Indian.

And when some of my co-workers and amricans saw my sister's wedding picture and DVD..they thought I belong to royal family due to the way girl was dressed up barat..dulha on horse back...dancing..food, decoration (IT was a wedding hall so was beautiful) and the crowd of wedding LOLLOL

Once (Around 3-4 yrs back)  Nasa published a world picture taken a night (Different times as we donot have night at the same time) was put together and was beautiful-amazing...almost everyone at my aork (Non Indian) was shocked to see so much light in India..they thought we still use kerosine latterns and travel in bullock carts. and only metro citiy had lights.

Wow, do ppl here in US still have this image of India- Bullock carts, snake charmers, poverty ,etc etc...AngryAngryAngryI am really suprised inspite of having the best news channels -CNN, BBC- ppl still have a 16th century outlook on India.  They seriously Need an Education on India.

Plannin to teach a bunch of dumb people, they will in turn try to prove that Bangladesh is a part of India.

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Originally posted by vinit_fan

Cool jokes dolly..... LOL

thank you sweetyLOL

apparaohoare IF-Rockerz
apparaohoare
apparaohoare

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amogh8188

Originally posted by dolly

1 more question?

Do Indians live in houses? Wink

heheheeh,

i tell u my experinece

I told one of my coworker ...to be polite and all when I saw her house saying you have a nice house   she asked me do you have houses there.I said yes. and she said isn't india is a desert with lot of snakes and snake charmers.....she saw in a movie thatLOL

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

Unfortunately, to some extent yes.  I stay in Texas, where most  of the people are still cowboys and cowgirls at heart.  They have a very limited knowledge.  On an average the level of General Knowledge of a common person is very very low in USA, but they are very simple and very nice at heart.

One story from my side: 

Few months back we had a party in our office.  Everyone wanted to have Indian food as many of my collegues did not have Indian food  earlier, so I had to volunteer to cook.  Anyway, just before the day of the party I was asked by two of our collegues whether Indian food has ingredients like eyeball or brains.  They got that idea by watching Indiana Jones.  Dead

I was so shocked that I could not reply. 

Edited by apparaohoare - 23 March 2006 at 9:39am
vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

LOL
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

[QUOTE=uknaik99]Yes.. in my experince.. people in USA are very ignorant about India and rest of the world...

question i frequently encounter here iS - DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH??

Also they ask about my Bindi all the time.. I am feedup explaining why i put it.. now i hv started saying Bindi means my husband is still alive LOL LOL

I prefer to wear Indian traditional dresses over Jeans.. most of the people apperciate it but i do encounter strange looks all the time   Smile Smile

hahaha,

they ask me about bindi like it is permanent tattoo

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by apparaohoare

Originally posted by dolly

1 more question?

Do Indians live in houses? Wink

heheheeh,

i tell u my experinece

I told one of my coworker ...to be polite and all when I saw her house saying you have a nice house   she asked me do you have houses there.I said yes. and she said isn't india is a desert with lot of snakes and snake charmers.....she saw in a movie thatLOL

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

Unfortunately, to some extent yes.  I stay in Texas, where most  of the people are still cowboys and cowgirls at heart.  They have a very limited knowledge.  On an average the level of General Knowledge of a common person is very very low in USA. 

One story from my side: 

Few months back we had a party in our office.  Everyone wanted to have Indian food as many of my collegues did not have Indian food  earlier, so I had to volunteer to cook.  Anyway, just before the day of the party I was asked by two of our collegues whether Indian food has ingredients like eyeball or brains.  They got that idea by watching Indiana Jones.  Dead

I was so shocked that I could not reply. 

i know same experince with me LOLLOL

Go to top