Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 5)

gvnls Goldie
gvnls
gvnls

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolly

Originally posted by gvnls

Wat r these questions all about, where r they asked? this is disgusting.

please donot get upset. these q are asked to us poor NRi or indians who come to US and other so called developed coun tries who have very poor knowledge of whats going around the world. please take it in a good humor

Ok chill

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Shruit..being NRI we do see these type of questions comming up to us....

People used to be surprised to know I am Indian due to fair color and fluenency in English, 99% every one has asked me twice to confirm that I am Indian.

And when some of my co-workers and amricans saw my sister's wedding picture and DVD..they thought I belong to royal family due to the way girl was dressed up barat..dulha on horse back...dancing..food, decoration (IT was a wedding hall so was beautiful) and the crowd of wedding LOLLOL

Once (Around 3-4 yrs back)  Nasa published a world picture taken a night (Different times as we donot have night at the same time) was put together and was beautiful-amazing...almost everyone at my aork (Non Indian) was shocked to see so much light in India..they thought we still use kerosine latterns and travel in bullock carts. and only metro citiy had lights.

LOL

IGnorent people thats what I will say. I tell you one more thing. I had a experince where a female who comes to india on a missionery tour and she was telling me how she loves india nad all but she was talking only about rural india and presenting to other fellow americans like we live in jhoped putti or on streets. I could hold myself and told her thsi

" When I came to US new jersey was one my first city and when i saw the shows like jerry springer  and saw who couples fight and show the vulgarity I wa shocked do I really want top stay here. to this she said oh no seema its not like that not all americans are like that . you have to stay in US to know real US . to this I said yes!!! I know that now after 10 years. Same way you also need to live in India for at least 10 years before m,aking such comments. Needless to say she was quite embaraased and her coworkers had fun on her expenseLOL

ritika24 Senior Member
ritika24
ritika24

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:32am | IP Logged

People used to be surprised to know I am Indian due to fair color and fluenency in English, 99% every one has asked me twice to confirm that I am Indian.

And when some of my co-workers and amricans saw my sister's wedding picture and DVD..they thought I belong to royal family due to the way girl was dressed up barat..dulha on horse back...dancing..food, decoration (IT was a wedding hall so was beautiful) and the crowd of wedding LOLLOL

Once (Around 3-4 yrs back)  Nasa published a world picture taken a night (Different times as we donot have night at the same time) was put together and was beautiful-amazing...almost everyone at my aork (Non Indian) was shocked to see so much light in India..they thought we still use kerosine latterns and travel in bullock carts. and only metro citiy had lights.

Wow, do ppl here in US still have this image of India- Bullock carts, snake charmers, poverty ,etc etc...AngryAngryAngryI am really suprised inspite of having the best news channels -CNN, BBC- ppl still have a 16th century outlook on India.  They seriously Need an Education on India.

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:33am | IP Logged
they show on media what sell. they want average americans to see that they are the best and they should be lucky to be born here Confused
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:34am | IP Logged
what i say average american is a simple person..like us only.but have very poor knowledge
X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolly

LOL

IGnorent people thats what I will say. I tell you one more thing. I had a experince where a female who comes to india on a missionery tour and she was telling me how she loves india nad all but she was talking only about rural india and presenting to other fellow americans like we live in jhoped putti or on streets. I could hold myself and told her thsi

" When I came to US new jersey was one my first city and when i saw the shows like jerry springer  and saw who couples fight and show the vulgarity I wa shocked do I really want top stay here. to this she said oh no seema its not like that not all americans are like that . you have to stay in US to know real US . to this I said yes!!! I know that now after 10 years. Same way you also need to live in India for at least 10 years before m,aking such comments. Needless to say she was quite embaraased and her coworkers had fun on her expenseLOL

They show the height of ignorancy.

vinit_fan IF-Rockerz
vinit_fan
vinit_fan

Cool jokes dolly..... LOL
teenindia_usa IF-Sizzlerz
teenindia_usa
teenindia_usa

What is worse is when some indians who live abroad themselves are ignorant Confused U know abcd's. (I mean I grew up abroad yet know all about myculture and goto india often.) Smile

Also, they try tobe so hip and look at those of us who are into ourculture as ....well U get the idea Ying Yang

well guys got to go thanks on this topic Clap

Go to top