Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 24)

sreejan Senior Member
sreejan
sreejan

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

Originally posted by sreejan

Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

ooooo oooo oooo, I got one

"Please bhai sab, price ko AUR kum karona"

(took me 5 minutes to write it...trying to translate for Gujurati - hindi Wink)

LOLdid you say that to a gora?

No?? My aunt said that too some jewerly seller in New jereseyLOLTrying to lower the priceLOL

If its Indian jewelery store then you do have to bargain.......we always ask for less and we get it tooLOL

SmarterDesiKid IF-Sizzlerz
SmarterDesiKid
SmarterDesiKid

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
LOL
Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mudabid

Aishwarya was definitely not the right person from Bollywood to represent India. She doesn't come across as intelligent enough. Amitabh Bachanji or Shah Rukh or as mentioned earlier Sushmita Sen would have been better.

And yeah, Indian dresses rule Clap

Sushmita has a click to answer in a very modest way and htis the target...She is too good. If she ever comes for an interview...I am sure  she will have everyone faint with her wits. She is too good Clap

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

This thread reminds me of the Aishwarya's interview with David Letterman. David asks her that she is 30+ and she still lives with her parents because in America they don't do that. And she replied that at least she doesn't have to take an appointment to meet her parents Clap

heheheehClapClap

ritika24 Senior Member
ritika24
ritika24

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:21pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sbk76

Speaking of Aishwarya and 'fake', has anyone seen the Loreal mascara ad that comes here (US)? She speaks with such a fake accent!

I recently saw Bride and Prejudice and just could not get over her accent in that too...

Sorry if I'm deviating from the topic of discussion, but just had write this.

i have never liked aishwarya as an actress..dunno why there is so much fuss about her. She is good as a model obviously, but she cant act for nuts. She has this plastic expression on her face and cant get over the fact that she is beautiful....she is too conscious of her own beauty. I prefer kajol..what a brilliant actress. She can suit in any role and carry itoff well.  And enough has been said of her giggles already...cmon man, you are thirty , cant you make an intelligent conversation?Dead

mudabid Goldie
mudabid
mudabid

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Aishwarya was definitely not the right person from Bollywood to represent India. She doesn't come across as intelligent enough. Amitabh Bachanji or Shah Rukh or as mentioned earlier Sushmita Sen would have been better.

Sushmita has a click to answer in a very modest way and htis the target...She is too good. If she ever comes for an interview...I am sure  she will have everyone faint with her wits. She is too good Clap

Coming on to an American show requires thick skin and a quick tongue. The host is bound to make fun of you and American sense of humour is different from ours. They go overboard many times. I think Shah Rukh would be the best choice. He often gives witty replies in his interviews.  

Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Coming on to an American show requires thick skin and a quick tongue. The host is bound to make fun of you and American sense of humour is different from ours. They go overboard many times. I think Shah Rukh would be the best choice. He often gives witty replies in his interviews.  

Yeah..they tend to be more sarcastic when a lady gust is there...but i think they wanted the beauty queen for that Interview. But  anyway SRK is the king

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ritika24

Originally posted by sbk76

Speaking of Aishwarya and 'fake', has anyone seen the Loreal mascara ad that comes here (US)? She speaks with such a fake accent!

I recently saw Bride and Prejudice and just could not get over her accent in that too...

Sorry if I'm deviating from the topic of discussion, but just had write this.

i have never liked aishwarya as an actress..dunno why there is so much fuss about her. She is good as a model obviously, but she cant act for nuts. She has this plastic expression on her face and cant get over the fact that she is beautiful....she is too conscious of her own beauty. I prefer kajol..what a brilliant actress. She can suit in any role and carry itoff well.  And enough has been said of her giggles already...cmon man, you are thirty , cant you make an intelligent conversation?Dead

Don't know if anyone here watched the pageant where she lost to Sushmita Sen. It was solely due to her vain answer to the tie-break question. Otherwise, she was a sure-shot winner as per the media reports, and her expression said it all when she lost it!

Back to the topic:

I was once asked if we had proper toilets in India, or if we still used holes in the ground. I was quite pissed (a whole evening of moronic questions - what do you expect?) so I just snapped back - " Do you still use toilet paper or have you started cleaning yourself properly, using water too?" Needless to say, I wasn't invited ever again! 

Go to top