Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 20)

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:26pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by simtara

I've actually had the opposite experience with yoga. Many people associate yoga with India...and always want to learn yoga from me!!! That, or the head shaking thing (the snake head). LOL

simi learn it yaar.....

then you can ask them to turn arond and do summersaults tooLOL

simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
LOL I do Pranayam and some Yoga - when time allows it.

I should have them lie on their shoulders with their feet tucked behind their legs. LOL
TaureanT Groupbie
TaureanT
TaureanT

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

I should have them lie on their shoulders with their feet tucked behind their legs. LOL

and the best one is shavasan..nothing to do..just relax

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

bilkul...never leave a good chance like thatWink

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:33pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mucislove

I was asked so many times this question.

Don'nt people India do Love marriage?
Are all the marriages fixed by parents?
How did you marry a person before knowing him? Wink

same here..I tell them there are positives in this ... see  in aranged marriges if the husband wife donot get along we can always blame our parents....LOL  and the parents try their best to keep the couple together ..so we have less incidents of divorcesWink

Edited by dolly - 23 March 2006 at 12:34pm
SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TaureanT

This one happened with me:
I have always had short hairs..and I wanted to get it trimmed, my hair stylist asked me "Are you Indian?" when I said yes she said..ohh how come your hairs are not smelling of coconut oil?
I laughed that day..like anything. She also asked me..
"why do you have short hairs as I have seen most of the Indian girls have looooooooooooong hairs with no hairstyle?"
When I stood up and she observed my height ( which is 5'9") she said I cannot be an Indian as Indians are very short and fat.
Another one happened in my office when I was chatting with my collegue. We ended up talking about yoga, and she asked me how do I know so much about yoga because she thought yoga is a chinese thing and chinese yogis and slim girls practice yoga. My God that day was a hillarious day.
I have some more of those incidents..which I will post later.

When I showed my marriage DVD to one of my office friend and he saw me crying he spread this news the next day in the whole office that I was forced to marry as I was crying in the end. Everybody was coming to my desk and asking me why Indian wedding is not a happy occassion as their's and why girl's cry after getting married.

Well it was difficult for me to make them understand how much attached we are from our family ..not like them..who treat their parents as money provider that's all.

I was teaching part-time at a school where my mum was a teacher too. At a party in our house, one of the gora teachers asked my mum how much I was paying to live with my parents! You should have seen my mother's face LOL and then the gora's face when my mum told him that I wasn't paying anything! At the same party, this Canadian lady appeared wearing just the kameez, and then to our amusement told everyone that she had bought the complete set, but couldn't find the "paints"(sic) so she came in just the top!!! Shocked I have worked for seven years with this American lady and she still calls me "shabnan" as in khaney wali naan!

I find the British much more aware, and acquainted with the modern face of India. My British colleagues have always marvelled at the fact that most Indians speak at least two languages fluently, are very hardworking and family-oriented, and respect their elders. 

indianpa Groupbie
indianpa
indianpa

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolly

Originally posted by mucislove

I was asked so many times this question.

Don'nt people India do Love marriage?
Are all the marriages fixed by parents?
How did you marry a person before knowing him? Wink

same here..I tell them there are positives in this ... see  in aranged marriges if the husband wife donot get along we can always blame our parents....LOL  and the parents try their best to keep the couple together ..so we have less incidents of divorcesWink

That is exactly what I tell them. One more thing appeals to them, we dont have to go out of our way to find a life partner (our parents find for us). They think it is great when said in this manner, because that is a major stress for many young people. They have to go to bars etc to find someone to go out with and hope that they find "the one".

Edited by indianpa - 23 March 2006 at 12:51pm
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by serialbuff

This one happened with me:
I have always had short hairs..and I wanted to get it trimmed, my hair stylist asked me "Are you Indian?" when I said yes she said..ohh how come your hairs are not smelling of coconut oil?
I laughed that day..like anything. She also asked me..
"why do you have short hairs as I have seen most of the Indian girls have looooooooooooong hairs with no hairstyle?"
When I stood up and she observed my height ( which is 5'9") she said I cannot be an Indian as Indians are very short and fat.
Another one happened in my office when I was chatting with my collegue. We ended up talking about yoga, and she asked me how do I know so much about yoga because she thought yoga is a chinese thing and chinese yogis and slim girls practice yoga. My God that day was a hillarious day.
I have some more of those incidents..which I will post later.

When I showed my marriage DVD to one of my office friend and he saw me crying he spread this news the next day in the whole office that I was forced to marry as I was crying in the end. Everybody was coming to my desk and asking me why Indian wedding is not a happy occassion as their's and why girl's cry after getting married.

Well it was difficult for me to make them understand how much attached we are from our family ..not like them..who treat their parents as money provider that's all.

I was teaching part-time at a school where my mum was a teacher too. At a party in our house, one of the gora teachers asked my mum how much I was paying to live with my parents! You should have seen my mother's face LOL and then the gora's face when my mum told him that I wasn't paying anything! At the same party, this Canadian lady appeared wearing just the kameez, and then to our amusement told everyone that she had bought the complete set, but couldn't find the "paints"(sic) so she came in just the top!!! Shocked I have worked for seven years with this American lady and she still calls me "shabnan" as in khaney wali naan!

I find the British much more aware, and acquainted with the modern face of India. My British colleagues have always marvelled at the fact that most Indians speak at least two languages fluently, are very hardworking and family-oriented, and respect their elders. 

hehehehe,

LOLLOLLOL

Go to top