Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 19)

TaureanT Groupbie
TaureanT
TaureanT

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by TaureanT

This one happened with me:
I have always had short hairs..and I wanted to get it trimmed, my hair stylist asked me "Are you Indian?" when I said yes she said..ohh how come your hairs are not smelling of coconut oil?
I laughed that day..like anything. She also asked me..
"why do you have short hairs as I have seen most of the Indian girls have looooooooooooong hairs with no hairstyle?"
When I stood up and she observed my height ( which is 5'9") she said I cannot be an Indian as Indians are very short and fat.
Another one happened in my office when I was chatting with my collegue. We ended up talking about yoga, and she asked me how do I know so much about yoga because she thought yoga is a chinese thing and chinese yogis and slim girls practice yoga. My God that day was a hillarious day.
I have some more of those incidents..which I will post later.

When I showed my marriage DVD to one of my office friend and he saw me crying he spread this news the next day in the whole office that I was forced to marry as I was crying in the end. Everybody was coming to my desk and asking me why Indian wedding is not a happy occassion as their's and why girl's cry after getting married.

Well it was difficult for me to make them understand how much attached we are from our family ..not like them..who treat their parents as money provider that's all.

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:16pm | IP Logged

This one happened with me:
I have always had short hairs..and I wanted to get it trimmed, my hair stylist asked me "Are you Indian?" when I said yes she said..ohh how come your hairs are not smelling of coconut oil?
I laughed that day..like anything. She also asked me..
"why do you have short hairs as I have seen most of the Indian girls have looooooooooooong hairs with no hairstyle?"
When I stood up and she observed my height ( which is 5'9") she said I cannot be an Indian as Indians are very short and fat.
Another one happened in my office when I was chatting with my collegue. We ended up talking about yoga, and she asked me how do I know so much about yoga because she thought yoga is a chinese thing and chinese yogis and slim girls practice yoga. My God that day was a hillarious day.
I have some more of those incidents..which I will post later.

When I showed my marriage DVD to one of my office friend and he saw me crying he spread this news the next day in the whole office that I was forced to marry as I was crying in the end. Everybody was coming to my desk and asking me why Indian wedding is not a happy occassion as their's and why girl's cry after getting married.

Well it was difficult for me to make them understand how much attached we are from our family ..not like them..who treat their parents as money provider that's all.

nowwww  this is to write in the booksLOLLOL

indianpa Groupbie
indianpa
indianpa

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolly

Originally posted by sbk76

I've seen some Indian people telling negative things about India. There was this Indian guy in my office who told my American boss that in India many people take bribes to do work. After that whenever any Indian colleague asked the boss for anything, he would first ask that person to pay him 10 bucks.

Not that it matters what other countries think about us, but shouldn't these people stop maligning our country's image?

ohhhh that is a disgracefulOuch

that guy not only insulted the country he is born but himself and his parents too

The american boss is more disgusting than this person who talked about corruption in India. I would be really offended by such a comment.

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indianpa

I've seen some Indian people telling negative things about India. There was this Indian guy in my office who told my American boss that in India many people take bribes to do work. After that whenever any Indian colleague asked the boss for anything, he would first ask that person to pay him 10 bucks.

Not that it matters what other countries think about us, but shouldn't these people stop maligning our country's image?

that guy not only insulted the country he is born but himself and his parents too

The american boss is more disgusting than this person who talked about corruption in India. I would be really offended by such a comment.

yesss these type of a*******  should be tackled in a way they understand better...i.e. their own languageOuch

simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
I've actually had the opposite experience with yoga. Many people associate yoga with India...and always want to learn yoga from me!!! That, or the head shaking thing (the snake head). LOL
indianpa Groupbie
indianpa
indianpa

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

yesss these type of a*******  should be tackled in a way they understand better...i.e. their own languageOuch

Exactly! As if there is no corruption and bribes in USA.

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:24pm | IP Logged

Exactly! As if there is no corruption and bribes in USA.

here the bribes are on larger scale....yaha chuprasi nahii khata rishwat lekin the big bossess do

simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:26pm | IP Logged
Man...getting my driver's license here would sure have been a lot easier if bribes worked at every place! Wink

Go to top