Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 18)

simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:45am | IP Logged
LOL
Man...I better not say anything too bad to anyone...I might end up in trouble. LOL

Popatrao... LOL

Dashes ka matlab...itne time ke baad bhi mujhe hassi aa rahi hai/thee Dollydi. LOL

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by achiever2001

Originally posted by srianne

Originally posted by achiever2001

Nice post Smile

When i had first come to US and started working, one of my colleagues came and told me that we Indians have very difficult names which they found difficult to pronounce and asked me whether he can call me "Sam". I said okay but only if you allow me to call you "Popatrao".

LOL

This is hilarious. After your response, the face of the other gentleman would've been priceless and worth watching.

This Gentleman actually asked another one of my Indian friend, what the meaning of "Popatrao" was and not knowing that i had said this to that guy, he lucidly explained the meaning. That guy did not talk withme for a whole month LOL Not that i cared.

hehehehehe,

served him rightLOL

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:00pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by simtara

LOL
Man...I better not say anything too bad to anyone...I might end up in trouble. LOL

Popatrao... LOL

Dashes ka matlab...itne time ke baad bhi mujhe hassi aa rahi hai/thee Dollydi. LOL

LOLLOLLOL

becharein

TaureanT Groupbie
TaureanT
TaureanT

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
This one happened with me:
I have always had short hairs..and I wanted to get it trimmed, my hair stylist asked me "Are you Indian?" when I said yes she said..ohh how come your hairs are not smelling of coconut oil?
I laughed that day..like anything. She also asked me..
"why do you have short hairs as I have seen most of the Indian girls have looooooooooooong hairs with no hairstyle?"
When I stood up and she observed my height ( which is 5'9") she said I cannot be an Indian as Indians are very short and fat.
Another one happened in my office when I was chatting with my collegue. We ended up talking about yoga, and she asked me how do I know so much about yoga because she thought yoga is a chinese thing and chinese yogis and slim girls practice yoga. My God that day was a hillarious day.
I have some more of those incidents..which I will post later.
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Originally posted by dolly

Originally posted by dolly

Haan Mamu!!! Dollydi ki suno!!! LOL

hehehe,

ha bhaiya bata do issae

wese bhi simi all u have to do is hindi mein gaali bakna saalo koEmbarrassedLOL

bolna u r prasing them for their outstanding general knowledgeTongue

LOL Oh god!! I have to do that sometime!!! Hehehehe!

please do I have done it several timesEmbarrassed

Dad does that quite a lot. Delhi drivers are AWFUL. They're simply the worst. Dad rolls down his windows and shouts out gaalis in Kannada...and the Delhites are Confused

abhi you know naa IAm from delhi..thank god i donot drive when I go there werna aapkaein papa ki gaali sunnae ko mil saktii theeLOL

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
on second thoughts I might have to learn kannada Wink LOL
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by sbk76

I've seen some Indian people telling negative things about India. There was this Indian guy in my office who told my American boss that in India many people take bribes to do work. After that whenever any Indian colleague asked the boss for anything, he would first ask that person to pay him 10 bucks.

Not that it matters what other countries think about us, but shouldn't these people stop maligning our country's image?

ohhhh that is so disgracefulOuch

that guy not only insulted the country he is born but himself and his parents too

Edited by dolly - 23 March 2006 at 12:15pm
indianpa Groupbie
indianpa
indianpa

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Very nice post. I have been asked many of these questions in the US. Now this post will help me answer them with humour.

In my experience, Americans are very ignorant about the whole world. To them America is the world. I take most of their ignorant, uneducated questions in stride and do not feel offended about it. I feel if I can educate a few people, maybe they can educate a few more.

Go to top