Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

India-Forums

the usual questions asked of Indians (Page 11)

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by amogh8188

Originally posted by uknaik99

School system here SUCKS...

one thing i apperciate here is Roads and Traffic system.. they are SUPER, also public toilets here are very clean

So do the Americans stay in toilets n roam on the roads? LOL

hahahahahaha,

now you are talking like an average americanWink

octave Groupbie
octave
octave

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:07am | IP Logged
think these are questions asked by American.As I am living in Europe (Germany)I have never faced such stupid questions.These ar some FAQ:

Does that red dot on woman's forehead has some significance or is it just make-up?
They do ask abtBeef .but Qu is like For cow is considered holy in India, is it the reason why indian dont eat beef?

Do you find long cold and grey winters here depressing ?n
As indian is doing Great in IT business, are all facilities are all computerised as well?

I naver ever faced such silly and stupid Question you mentioned. Confused like;
Does India have cars or TV?
are you a Hindior do you speak hindu?

Whenever I say abt curruption in India(obviously negative),they are like curruption is everywhere in this World .
And of course they feel we Indian women are all beautiful and look stunning in Indian attire. Wink

This is my experience in western world so far.

But I can imagine Americans asking these question as they used to ask Q. like Do you have TV ? to Germans 15 yrs ago. Evil Smile
octave Groupbie
octave
octave

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:08am | IP Logged
think these are questions asked by American.As I am living in Europe (Germany)I have never faced such stupid questions.These ar some FAQ:

Does that red dot on woman's forehead has some significance or is it just make-up?
They do ask abtBeef .but Qu is like For cow is considered holy in India, is it the reason why indian dont eat beef?

Do you find long cold and grey winters here depressing ?n
As indian is doing Great in IT business, are all facilities are all computerised as well?

I naver ever faced such silly and stupid Question you mentioned. Confused like;
Does India have cars or TV?
are you a Hindior do you speak hindu?

Whenever I say abt curruption in India(obviously negative),they are like curruption is everywhere in this World .
And of course they feel we Indian women are all beautiful and look stunning in Indian attire. Wink

This is my experience in western world so far.

But I can imagine Americans asking these question as they used to ask Q. like Do you have TV in Germany ? to Germans 15 yrs ago. Evil Smile
octave Groupbie
octave
octave

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by adwarakanath

Oh Amogh, trust me, Americans think that anything and everything except America is in the stone age. They're some of the dumbest people on Earth. No wonder Bush got elected twice. They're still kissing his ass.

I completely agree with you.
X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dolly

one thing i apperciate here is Roads and Traffic system.. they are SUPER, also public toilets here are very clean

hahahahahaha,

Just trying to act lile one Wink

*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by dolly

hahahahahaha,

Just trying to act lile one Wink

hehehe

baap rae loo ek aur ignorent american aa gayaLOL

simtara IF-Rockerz
simtara
simtara

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:14am | IP Logged
LOL Dollydi and all else...thanks for the laughs.

Actually, I had a similar experience last week itself. I was eating in the cafeteria when we started talking about beef (lunch time...). One of the guys at the table said to me..."So you don't eat beef right?"

Right...I don't eat beef. He says, "What's up with that?" I told him it was religious reasons; we consider cows sacred. Somehow the discussion veered into how can you consider dumb cows sacred and they roam in the streets (he must've seen pictures). Then he says.."So there must be like more cows than people. Do you have mad cow disease in India?" I love how they pick up random bits of information and conglomerate them into something that apparently makes sense. I got the usual bit about why are they sacred and I gave the standard response (why we try to educate these people, knowing they're going to get it wrong anyway, is beyond me...). What got me agitated was his stupid comment that he'd come to India with nukes and blast all the cows there. At that point I just wanted to slap him.

The conversation was really long. We talked about elephants...one of the others guys thought it would be humorous to transport a massive snow plow to India and plow through the elephants. ??? Ouch He also thought we still use them to travel. LOL

We got to camels and tigers as well. You know... India's population (as per one of the boys) would be so much smaller if they just let the tigers do their thing. ... Uh? Hello! That deserved a punch.

I love how the only place they know about is the Taj Mahal. So it's a palace right? Some dead guys home? Actually...one of them didn't even know what the Taj Mahal was. SHOCK!!! Confused What an idiot!!!???

By the end of the conversation I was thoroughly frustrated and definitely wanted to slap at least one of them. It's so pointless trying to explain to them and teach them. The stereotypes prevail in their minds and that is what they will forever repeat.

Edited by simtara - 23 March 2006 at 10:16am
X-rebel IF-Dazzler
X-rebel
X-rebel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:18am | IP Logged
Nahin Dollyji, i m not that ignorant. Wink
My topic of interest is political geography, and i know a great deal about the culture of many places.

Go to top