the usual questions asked of Indians - Page 19

Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by SmarterDesiKid

No?? My aunt said that too some jewerly seller in New jeresey😆Trying to lower the price😆

If its Indian jewelery store then you do have to bargain.......we always ask for less and we get it too😆

Originally posted by mudabid

Aishwarya was definitely not the right person from Bollywood to represent India. She doesn't come across as intelligent enough. Amitabh Bachanji or Shah Rukh or as mentioned earlier Sushmita Sen would have been better.

And yeah, Indian dresses rule 👏

Sushmita has a click to answer in a very modest way and htis the target...She is too good. If she ever comes for an interview...I am sure  she will have everyone faint with her wits. She is too good 👏

This thread reminds me of the Aishwarya's interview with David Letterman. David asks her that she is 30+ and she still lives with her parents because in America they don't do that. And she replied that at least she doesn't have to take an appointment to meet her parents 👏

heheheeh👏👏

Originally posted by sbk76

Speaking of Aishwarya and 'fake', has anyone seen the Loreal mascara ad that comes here (US)? She speaks with such a fake accent!

I recently saw Bride and Prejudice and just could not get over her accent in that too...

Sorry if I'm deviating from the topic of discussion, but just had write this.

i have never liked aishwarya as an actress..dunno why there is so much fuss about her. She is good as a model obviously, but she cant act for nuts. She has this plastic expression on her face and cant get over the fact that she is beautiful....she is too conscious of her own beauty. I prefer kajol..what a brilliant actress. She can suit in any role and carry itoff well.  And enough has been said of her giggles already...cmon man, you are thirty , cant you make an intelligent conversation?🤢

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

Sushmita has a click to answer in a very modest way and htis the target...She is too good. If she ever comes for an interview...I am sure  she will have everyone faint with her wits. She is too good 👏

Coming on to an American show requires thick skin and a quick tongue. The host is bound to make fun of you and American sense of humour is different from ours. They go overboard many times. I think Shah Rukh would be the best choice. He often gives witty replies in his interviews.  

Coming on to an American show requires thick skin and a quick tongue. The host is bound to make fun of you and American sense of humour is different from ours. They go overboard many times. I think Shah Rukh would be the best choice. He often gives witty replies in his interviews.  

Yeah..they tend to be more sarcastic when a lady gust is there...but i think they wanted the beauty queen for that Interview. But  anyway SRK is the king

Originally posted by ritika24

i have never liked aishwarya as an actress..dunno why there is so much fuss about her. She is good as a model obviously, but she cant act for nuts. She has this plastic expression on her face and cant get over the fact that she is beautiful....she is too conscious of her own beauty. I prefer kajol..what a brilliant actress. She can suit in any role and carry itoff well.  And enough has been said of her giggles already...cmon man, you are thirty , cant you make an intelligent conversation?🤢

Don't know if anyone here watched the pageant where she lost to Sushmita Sen. It was solely due to her vain answer to the tie-break question. Otherwise, she was a sure-shot winner as per the media reports, and her expression said it all when she lost it!

Back to the topic:

I was once asked if we had proper toilets in India, or if we still used holes in the ground. I was quite pissed (a whole evening of moronic questions - what do you expect?) so I just snapped back - " Do you still use toilet paper or have you started cleaning yourself properly, using water too?" Needless to say, I wasn't invited ever again! 

Originally posted by serialbuff

Don't know if anyone here watched the pageant where she lost to Sushmita Sen. It was solely due to her vain answer to the tie-break question. Otherwise, she was a sure-shot winner as per the media reports, and her expression said it all when she lost it!

Back to the topic:

I was once asked if we had proper toilets in India, or if we still used holes in the ground. I was quite pissed (a whole evening of moronic questions - what do you expect?) so I just snapped back - " Do you still use toilet paper or have you started cleaning yourself properly, using water too?" Needless to say, I wasn't invited ever again! 

heheheehee

😆

I can imagine

I though Aishwarya lost because she tripped or something, but you may be right..i dont remember the pageant. Sushmita is way smarter than Aishwarya.
They were asked - If you were to be born again, who would you like to be born again as, and why?

Ash - I would like to be born again as myself 🤢 ( followed by some really facetious remarks about herself)

Sush - I would like to be born again as Indira Gandhi (something about Mrs Gandhi having empowered the image of women in India)

You know, earlier this week they were showing a programmme on previous Miss India winners who had gone on to win international pageants, and you have to see Ash's face when she won - Janpath ki costume jewellery is more real than her!