Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

X-rebel thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: ritika24

Wow, do ppl here in US still have this image of India- Bullock carts, snake charmers, poverty ,etc etc...😡😡😡I am really suprised inspite of having the best news channels -CNN, BBC- ppl still have a 16th century outlook on India.  They seriously Need an Education on India.

Plannin to teach a bunch of dumb people, they will in turn try to prove that Bangladesh is a part of India.

*dolly* thumbnail

Originally posted by: vinit_fan

Cool jokes dolly..... 😆

thank you sweety😆

apparaohoare thumbnail
Originally posted by: amogh8188

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

Unfortunately, to some extent yes.  I stay in Texas, where most  of the people are still cowboys and cowgirls at heart.  They have a very limited knowledge.  On an average the level of General Knowledge of a common person is very very low in USA, but they are very simple and very nice at heart.

One story from my side: 

Few months back we had a party in our office.  Everyone wanted to have Indian food as many of my collegues did not have Indian food  earlier, so I had to volunteer to cook.  Anyway, just before the day of the party I was asked by two of our collegues whether Indian food has ingredients like eyeball or brains.  They got that idea by watching Indiana Jones.  🤢

I was so shocked that I could not reply. 

Edited by apparaohoare - 18 years ago
*dolly* thumbnail

[QUOTE=uknaik99]Yes.. in my experince.. people in USA are very ignorant about India and rest of the world...

question i frequently encounter here iS - DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH??

Also they ask about my Bindi all the time.. I am feedup explaining why i put it.. now i hv started saying Bindi means my husband is still alive 😆 😆

I prefer to wear Indian traditional dresses over Jeans.. most of the people apperciate it but i do encounter strange looks all the time   ðŸ˜Š 😊

hahaha,

they ask me about bindi like it is permanent tattoo

*dolly* thumbnail
Originally posted by: apparaohoare

Unfortunately, to some extent yes.  I stay in Texas, where most  of the people are still cowboys and cowgirls at heart.  They have a very limited knowledge.  On an average the level of General Knowledge of a common person is very very low in USA. 

One story from my side: 

Few months back we had a party in our office.  Everyone wanted to have Indian food as many of my collegues did not have Indian food  earlier, so I had to volunteer to cook.  Anyway, just before the day of the party I was asked by two of our collegues whether Indian food has ingredients like eyeball or brains.  They got that idea by watching Indiana Jones.  🤢

i know same experince with me 😆😆

Swar_Raj thumbnail
Actually the news here, paper (I hate their news paper) etc olny has theeir news..hardly any touch f outside world..My first tiem experiecne whic I still laugh at is,...my co-workers were in a rush to go home for a world champion series of Football..and it was not our football (We call it Volley ball) and was a state level (National) champion ship..they are too proud to play with any country....Only thing i like in average american as that do not lie and are simple and straight forward...it it ignorance due to media and schools/colleges

may be kyonki asliyat khul jayegi 😉
X-rebel thumbnail
Originally posted by: apparaohoare

Unfortunately, to some extent yes.  I stay in Texas, where most  of the people are still cowboys and cowgirls at heart.  They have a very limited knowledge.  On an average the level of General Knowledge of a common person is very very low in USA. 

One story from my side: 

This is going so crazy that now i m beginning to think that Americans have not advanced to the Information age.

uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yup.. I hated Indian Jones when i saw that movie.. wanted to sue that idiot SS.... 🤢 🤢
*dolly* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

Actually the news here, paper (I hate their news paper) etc olny has theeir news..hardly any touch f outside world..My first tiem experiecne whic I still laugh at is,...my co-workers were in a rush to go home for a world champion series of Football..and it was not our football (We call it Volley ball) and was a state level (National) champion ship..they are too proud to play with any country....Only thing i like in average american as that do not lie and are simple and straight forward...it it ignorance due to media and schools/colleges

may be kyonki asliyat khul jayegi 😉

hehehehee

for them world new is american news

ms04 thumbnail
Movies arent doing anything good either to the indian image.
An old american lady I know, watched monsoon wedding and got the image that indians eat marigold in weddings...
and asked me how does it taste... 😆