Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swar_Raj thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: amogh8188

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

In US Americans are simple..they are not crooked..but have limited knowledge of outside their country..Koop Manduk (A frog of well) Who things there is nothing outside this well and the well is the world.

What they have heard from their ancestors..lives in their brain...they get surprised when their comes out to be fake and not right.

Now things have changed and then opening of  call centers in India makes them belive that India has educated people but does make them believe that they are poor that is why companies here can hire them at low wages.

gvnls thumbnail

Originally posted by: dolly

please donot get upset. these q are asked to us poor NRi or indians who come to US and other so called developed coun tries who have very poor knowledge of whats going around the world. please take it in a good humor

Ok chill

*dolly* thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

Shruit..being NRI we do see these type of questions comming up to us....

People used to be surprised to know I am Indian due to fair color and fluenency in English, 99% every one has asked me twice to confirm that I am Indian.

And when some of my co-workers and amricans saw my sister's wedding picture and DVD..they thought I belong to royal family due to the way girl was dressed up barat..dulha on horse back...dancing..food, decoration (IT was a wedding hall so was beautiful) and the crowd of wedding πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Once (Around 3-4 yrs back)  Nasa published a world picture taken a night (Different times as we donot have night at the same time) was put together and was beautiful-amazing...almost everyone at my aork (Non Indian) was shocked to see so much light in India..they thought we still use kerosine latterns and travel in bullock carts. and only metro citiy had lights.

πŸ˜†

IGnorent people thats what I will say. I tell you one more thing. I had a experince where a female who comes to india on a missionery tour and she was telling me how she loves india nad all but she was talking only about rural india and presenting to other fellow americans like we live in jhoped putti or on streets. I could hold myself and told her thsi

" When I came to US new jersey was one my first city and when i saw the shows like jerry springer  and saw who couples fight and show the vulgarity I wa shocked do I really want top stay here. to this she said oh no seema its not like that not all americans are like that . you have to stay in US to know real US . to this I said yes!!! I know that now after 10 years. Same way you also need to live in India for at least 10 years before m,aking such comments. Needless to say she was quite embaraased and her coworkers had fun on her expenseπŸ˜†

ritika24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

Shruit..being NRI we do see these type of questions comming up to us....

People used to be surprised to know I am Indian due to fair color and fluenency in English, 99% every one has asked me twice to confirm that I am Indian.

And when some of my co-workers and amricans saw my sister's wedding picture and DVD..they thought I belong to royal family due to the way girl was dressed up barat..dulha on horse back...dancing..food, decoration (IT was a wedding hall so was beautiful) and the crowd of wedding πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Once (Around 3-4 yrs back)  Nasa published a world picture taken a night (Different times as we donot have night at the same time) was put together and was beautiful-amazing...almost everyone at my aork (Non Indian) was shocked to see so much light in India..they thought we still use kerosine latterns and travel in bullock carts. and only metro citiy had lights.

Wow, do ppl here in US still have this image of India- Bullock carts, snake charmers, poverty ,etc etc...😑😑😑I am really suprised inspite of having the best news channels -CNN, BBC- ppl still have a 16th century outlook on India.  They seriously Need an Education on India.

*dolly* thumbnail
they show on media what sell. they want average americans to see that they are the best and they should be lucky to be born here πŸ˜•
*dolly* thumbnail
what i say average american is a simple person..like us only.but have very poor knowledge
X-rebel thumbnail

Originally posted by: dolly

πŸ˜†

IGnorent people thats what I will say. I tell you one more thing. I had a experince where a female who comes to india on a missionery tour and she was telling me how she loves india nad all but she was talking only about rural india and presenting to other fellow americans like we live in jhoped putti or on streets. I could hold myself and told her thsi

" When I came to US new jersey was one my first city and when i saw the shows like jerry springer  and saw who couples fight and show the vulgarity I wa shocked do I really want top stay here. to this she said oh no seema its not like that not all americans are like that . you have to stay in US to know real US . to this I said yes!!! I know that now after 10 years. Same way you also need to live in India for at least 10 years before m,aking such comments. Needless to say she was quite embaraased and her coworkers had fun on her expenseπŸ˜†

They show the height of ignorancy.

teenindia_usa thumbnail
What is worse is when some indians who live abroad themselves are ignorant πŸ˜• U know abcd's. (I mean I grew up abroad yet know all about myculture and goto india often.) 😊

Also, they try tobe so hip and look at those of us who are into ourculture as ....well U get the idea ☯️

well guys got to go thanks on this topic πŸ‘
uknaik99 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yes.. in my experince.. people in USA are very ignorant about India and rest of the world...

question i frequently encounter here iS - DO YOU KNOW HOW TO SPEAK ENGLISH??

Also they ask about my Bindi all the time.. I am feedup explaining why i put it.. now i hv started saying Bindi means my husband is still alive πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

I prefer to wear Indian traditional dresses over Jeans.. most of the people apperciate it but i do encounter strange looks all the time   πŸ˜Š 😊

Let me tell you one this - East or West .. INDIA IS THE BEST
*dolly* thumbnail

Originally posted by: teenindia_usa

What is worse is when some indians who live abroad themselves are ignorant πŸ˜• U know abcd's. (I mean I grew up abroad yet know all about myculture and goto india often.) 😊

Also, they try tobe so hip and look at those of us who are into ourculture as ....well U get the idea ☯️

well guys got to go thanks on this topic πŸ‘

exactly

you know ghar ka dhobi na ghar ka na ghaat kaπŸ˜†