Views

Users

Frequent Posters

X-rebel thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by: dolly

heheheeh,

i tell u my experinece

I told one of my coworker ...to be polite and all when I saw her house saying you have a nice house   she asked me do you have houses there.I said yes. and she said isn't india is a desert with lot of snakes and snake charmers.....she saw in a movie thatπŸ˜†

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

teenindia_usa thumbnail

well want i got personally was since light skinned and have hazel eyes(my mom's genetics) a guy asked me:

Are U sure U an indian?
my answer was last that I checked πŸ˜†

Waht I should have said is we all look alikeπŸ˜†

andby the way we indiansdo not have to spend so much at the tanning salonπŸ˜†

Geeze people are so sterotypical 😑 sorry again 😊

proudtobe an indianπŸ˜›

Edited by teenindia_usa - 18 years ago
*dolly* thumbnail
Originally posted by: amogh8188

Are you serious that this is the image of India in Western countries.

well that person was in late 40's and very limited knowledge.Things have changed a bit ...may be because of out sourcing ..who knows. BUt I tell you in smaller towns here they donot know it. I mean even in US the people in smaller towns are narrow minded and some what baised.What I do is educate them..without getting offended

Swar_Raj thumbnail

Originally posted by: gvnls

Wat r these questions all about, where r they asked? this is disgusting.

Shruit..being NRI we do see these type of questions comming up to us....

People used to be surprised to know I am Indian due to fair color and fluenency in English, 99% every one has asked me twice to confirm that I am Indian.

And when some of my co-workers and amricans saw my sister's wedding picture and DVD..they thought I belong to royal family due to the way girl was dressed up barat..dulha on horse back...dancing..food, decoration (IT was a wedding hall so was beautiful) and the crowd of wedding πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Once (Around 3-4 yrs back)  Nasa published a world picture taken a night (Different times as we donot have night at the same time) was put together and was beautiful-amazing...almost everyone at my aork (Non Indian) was shocked to see so much light in India..they thought we still use kerosine latterns and travel in bullock carts. and only metro citiy had lights.

X-rebel thumbnail
Jeez i did not know that those people who pride on being developed are so ignorant about the rest of the world.
*dolly* thumbnail
I know yaar
People donot beleive that IAm indian. I mean because IAm fair, with dark brown eyes and lighter color of hair πŸ˜•   and ofcourse good english
I have been called evything except indian ...95 % of the time. recently one of my patient said I have universal features I can be anyone ..someone from south america or a french canadian ..or from middle east πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Edited by dolly - 18 years ago
X-rebel thumbnail
Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

People used to be surprised to know I am Indian due to fair color and fluenency in English, 99% every one has asked me twice to confirm that I am Indian.

And when some of my co-workers and amricans saw my sister's wedding picture and DVD..they thought I belong to royal family due to the way girl was dressed up barat..dulha on horse back...dancing..food, decoration (IT was a wedding hall so was beautiful) and the crowd of wedding πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Once (Around 3-4 yrs back)  Nasa published a world picture taken a night (Different times as we donot have night at the same time) was put together and was beautiful-amazing...almost everyone at my aork (Non Indian) was shocked to see so much light in India..they thought we still use kerosine latterns and travel in bullock carts. and only metro citiy had lights.

Ya i saw the picture. India was as bright or more bright than Europe n North America.

teenindia_usa thumbnail
Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

same here if saw my post.
teenindia_usa thumbnail
Originally posted by: teenindia_usa

well want i got personally was since light skinned and have hazel eyes(my mom's genetics) a guy asked me:

Are U sure U an indian?
my answer was last that I checked πŸ˜†

Waht I should have said is we all look alikeπŸ˜†

andby the way we indiansdo not have to spend so much at the tanning salonπŸ˜†

Geeze people are so sterotypical 😑 sorry again 😊

proudtobe an indianπŸ˜›

Swar Raj yeah they get shocked if people from india can speak english and are more knowledgeable than them

X-rebel thumbnail

Originally posted by: adwarakanath

Oh Amogh, trust me, Americans think that anything and everything except America is in the stone age. They're some of the dumbest people on Earth. No wonder Bush got elected twice. They're still kissing his ass.

πŸ˜†

Ya there even the person who get less votes wins. Shows how dumb they are!