India-Forums

Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar
Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Sunidhi to perform at Commonwealth Games

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:44am | IP Logged

I heard that Sunidhi is going to do a solo performace at the Commonwealth Games (closing ceremony) at Sydney, as next CG will be held in apni dilli (I'll definitely watch it) in 2010. Some more singers will be there....

Looking forward to it. Big smile

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:14am | IP Logged

Originally posted by adwarakanath

Sunidhi? Why sunidhi? To sing some Indo-western wannabe rock/pop songs? Why can't they display the best of our tradition by getting classical vocalists or instrumentalists?

Don' worry, I am sure there will be other performances also, Sunidhi is just one of them. Don't under-estimate sarkari babus. Wink

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:37am | IP Logged

http://www.ndtv.com/sports/showsports.asp?sportname=Report&a mp;story=Gavaskar+to+grace+CWG+closing+ceremony&id=27009

Sunil Gavaskar and sprint queen P T Usha will join a host of other sporting legends and personalities to showcase India at the closing ceremony of the Melbourne Commonwealth Games.

A time slot of 15 minutes has been earmarked for India, hosts of the 2010 mega event who will receive the Commonwealth Games flag at the ceremony scheduled for March 26.

Besides Gavaskar and Usha, other sports personalities who have confirmed their participation are Vijay Amritraj, Milkha Singh, Prakash Padukone, Michael Ferreira, Ajitpal Singh, Khazan Singh and Satpal.

"These legends have confirmed their participation and talks are still on to invite some other personalities," Indian Olympic Association President Suresh Kalmadi, who is also the Chairman of the 2010 Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, told reporters.

Star-studded event

The ceremony would also have a rich representation of India's entertainment sector with Saif Ali Khan, Aishwarya Rai, Rani Mukherji, Lara Dutta and Priyanka Chopra gracing the occasion.

Singers Sonu Nigam, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghosal and Sukhwinder Singh will perform specially composed songs.

Shiamak Davar is choreographing the show while Anna Singh is designing the costumes.

Lyricists Javed Akhtar and Gulzar have penned special songs for the ceremony.

"The performances will give a glimpse of the rich Indian culture and heritage and invite the athletes and the world to the best ever Commonwealth Games ever," Kalmadi said.

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullstory.php?id=14146918

Quite an interesting list of Bollywood celebrities has been lined up for the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne. The personalities include Aishwarya Rai, Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji, Lara Dutta, Isha Sharvani, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghosal, Shankar-Ehsan-Loy and also percussionists Taufiq Quereshi and Sivamani. Adding some more colors to the event will be 408 dancers from Shaimak Davar's troupe. Also, talks are on to make Aamir Khan a part of the event.

Not too much is being revealed about the performance. However, according to sources it will be an eleven minute extravaganza. The team of Shankar-Ehsaan- Loy have composed a special track titled 'Chalo Delhi' for the occasion. The lyrics have been penned by Javed Akhtar. Shaimak Davar will choreograph the entire show.

Looks like a must watch show. Smile

chatbuster IF-Rockerz
chatbuster
chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SolidSnake

I heard that Sunidhi is going to do a solo performace at the Commonwealth Games (closing ceremony) at Sydney, as next CG will be held in apni dilli (I'll definitely watch it) in 2010. Some more singers will be there....

Looking forward to it. Big smile

perform? hmmm. i hope that means we get to see her dance alsoSmile

SolidSnake IF-Rockerz
SolidSnake
SolidSnake

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 8:09am | IP Logged
Did anyone watch it? Unfortunately I was at my Mausi ji's place in Dwarka and light hi chali gayi. Angry

Later I saw some footage in news reports (after I came back).
shivvy16 Goldie
shivvy16
shivvy16

Posted: 26 March 2006 at 8:13am | IP Logged
yup i watched it...she didnt do a solo performance.
sonu nigam, sunidhi, shreya ghoshal and sum other guy were performing together.
there was aishwarya rai, saif ali khan, rani mukherji, priyanka chopra there aswell.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top