Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

India-Forums

'Smriti (tulsi's) aticle's on her bday (Page 2)

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:56am | IP Logged

I was born in New Delhi in 1976. I was the sports captain in school. I've done everything -- from javelin to discus to basketball to judo. But now I don't have time for any exercise.

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 7:57am

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:57am | IP Logged

I am the BJP youth wing's vice-president for Maharashtra. I am also a member of the party's state and national executive. The unfortunate part of being an actor-politician is that people feel an actor will not take her political commitments seriously.

Watching as Ba (Sudha Shivpuri) provides a barrel of laughs

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 7:57am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:02am | IP Logged

I have never consciously tried to create an image. It happened because my producer created a project, which became a hit. The team has made it a hit. People must remember that not everything they read is true. I take my work one day at a time. Like I am shooting today with this script, which is meant for today only. I am not a conversationalist kind of person.

Sharing secrets with Apara Mehta

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 8:02am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:03am | IP Logged

I don't have time for movies. It is not easy to adjust my schedule with movies. I like to give quality time to a project. If I have to run helter-skelter, I will not be able to give my best. I read all kinds of books like The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand), The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho) and Kahlil Gibran's books. I liked The Alchemist for its simplicity. It comes across with a simple message in a fluid tone. I like to read simple books with depth. My day always begins with the newspaper and continues with a book.

Catching up on her latest book

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 8:03am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:03am | IP Logged

I do not discuss my private life. I don't want to talk about even a simple day at home. At the start of my career, I met a senior journalist who told me the media has as much access to an actor's life as the actor permits. I have heard actors crib about how little privacy they have. He said if you keep your professional and personal lives separate, you will not face problems about privacy.

Getting ready for a shot

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 8:04am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:04am | IP Logged

As I am a public person -- as an actor and politician -- I am open to discussion. But as far as family is concerned, I don't leave the door open -- particularly where my children are concerned. I don't want them to be influenced by my job. I want them to grow up in an environment where they will be just another child of a working mother. I don't want them to take advantage of being the child of an actor. I don't want to be like mothers who feel guilty about leaving their kids home so they bring them on the sets and play with them when they have the time. I make time and go home. My son is three years old and my daughter is two.

Reading up the script

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 8:04am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:04am | IP Logged

Apart from my television serial and my political commitments, I am also producing a play. It is written by Prakash Kapadia, who wrote Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas and Black. I am also acting in it. It will have its national premiere in Delhi on June 10. Before that, we will travel to Ahmedabad, Indore, Surat, Dubai and Muscat.

Smriti calling!

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 8:06am
monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:06am | IP Logged

I divide my day according to my work schedule. I find time for Kyunki Saas, my political commitments and my responsibilities at home. I work 30 days a month. It is fascinating that you always ask a female member of the entertainment industry how much time they spend at home, but never ask the male members. Or a male politician, for that matter. Family is a priority for any person who believes that your roots give you strength to fly high. I believe in nurturing my roots well and make sure I fly as high as possible. I want to achieve more in life.

Sharing a light moment

Edited by monika.goel - 23 March 2006 at 8:06am

Go to top