Rules & Announcements

India-Forums

Rules & Announcements
Rules & Announcements

Balloon Recalculation going ON! (Page 56)

sree IF-Rockerz
sree
sree

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:45am | IP Logged
OK Friends, here is some UPDATE on the GAME...

Vijay has nalaysed the procs and cons of this Recalculation pattern deeply. Actually, few baloons which were sent to Guests were not able to get Reclaimed. This was one reason why the then leader scs07 who had only 1 baloon, was stuck and could not get back his baloon to send it to another member... We got plenty of PMs from th leading members, especially scs07, who gave us a hint that there is something wrong. Now, after all this, scs07, i presume lost interest in the game, as he was not able to do anything with that last baloon he had. He stopped playing the contest al of a sudden. Now, after this recalculation, he stands with some 300+ baloons which is really depressing to see for one and all. He has been one of the members who worked so hard in this contest... Keeping this example in mind, Vijay has decided to do one thing.

The suggestion he has is : He will take back as many baloons that have been reclaimed by the sender owing to unanswering of questions by a member , in the past 3 days.

For Example: If I have not answered 15 questions in the past 3 days , and those 15 questions have been reclaimed by the sender, resulting in an increase of 15 baloons in out total, Vijay will now remove these 15 baloons from play...

This suggestion has been considered bcos few members stopped playing this game in the last few days, bcos they suspected that some of their baloons were not getting back to them...

We want all your reactions on this idea. Please feel free to say your mind. As regards delaying the contest till Monday, i will surely talk to Vijay about it... Let us see what he says...

In the meantime, we want all your suggestions regarding this idea....

Sree

temasek Senior Member
temasek
temasek

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Vijay: can the questions be changed...? the questions we will be receiving this time will be 80% repeated questions....not much fun..
what do u think?
more puzzles shud be included and please try to exclude questions from IF....reasons

1) Undue advantage to the person to whom it is related. For example, a question like who joined the IF admin recently would be an unfair advantage to the IF team as they will know the answer
2) These questions can be really frustrating sometimes..hope u get what I mean

My 2 cents...amar dui paisa
vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Since Reclaimed balloons doesnt benefit the sender in anycase so they stand unaffected but will benefit the members who have not answered the balloons in the last 3 days.

So many of us will really benefit from it.

Arre why you people are getting exhausted yaar look at me standing with 490 balloons and still smiling Smile with the hope that I will finally feature in the top 100.

Cheers,
Vijay
delilah Goldie
delilah
delilah

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:52am | IP Logged
hey kruts..
I agree with u ...making friends with u, Pam, jaya and maddy was definitley the invaluable thing about this contest...
And all the exhaustive googling did add to my knowledge..
and whoever wins should also be given the title of the Most Patient IF member!!
vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by temasek

Vijay: can the questions be changed...? the questions we will be receiving this time will be 80% repeated questions....not much fun..
what do u think?
more puzzles shud be included and please try to exclude questions from IF....reasons

1) Undue advantage to the person to whom it is related. For example, a question like who joined the IF admin recently would be an unfair advantage to the IF team as they will know the answer
2) These questions can be really frustrating sometimes..hope u get what I mean

My 2 cents...amar dui paisa

You are right mate we will add more questions in the meanwhile and make the competition more interesting.

Already we have over 2100+ questions and will get more questions added.

How about starting it on Monday?

Aar kono problem hole, aama ke bolbe ? (sorry guys if there is any grammatical error in my bengali) Smile

Cheers,
Vijay

Edited by vijay - 23 March 2006 at 8:56am
delilah Goldie
delilah
delilah

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:57am | IP Logged
i agree we shouldnt be having IF questions.

and getting rid of those reclaimed balloons is a good idea...because yesterday i recieved 92 balloons back!!..I almost fell out of my chair in shock after that and gave up on the game altogether!!
Kruts IF-Dazzler
Kruts
Kruts

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Vijay, i think that for people other than the top two - scs and tec, the reclaiming will not help any of the other in the top 20 - but if that is what the majority wants, please go with it Big smile
sanril IF-Dazzler
sanril
sanril

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 8:59am | IP Logged
ya, starting from monday will be a good idea Smile ..since we've all been working hard with this game for the past few days n will get a breather this weekend.

btw i didn't understand the cocept of cancelling the reclaimed balloons Confused could u explain pleaz..

Edited by sanril - 23 March 2006 at 9:05am

Go to top