Rules & Announcements

India-Forums

Rules & Announcements
Rules & Announcements

Balloon Recalculation going ON! (Page 29)

Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:26am | IP Logged
maddy ji but plz tell me what will be the rules in counting...

mad_cap IF-Rockerz
mad_cap
mad_cap

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krutilynn

Vijay

See each balloons sent is a entry in the database with 4 options in the status and with the Sender ID and Recipient ID

0 = Pending
1 = Correct
2 = Incorrect
3 = Cancelled (meaning Reclaimed)

In total there were about 200,000 balloons sent.

So its like when you send the balloon it is marked as 0 (Pending)

When answered: Correct would mean 1 and Incorrect would mean 2

If unanswered and reclaimed that balloon is marked as 3 (Reclaimed)

So there is no calculation as such there and the system just needs to counts the correct & incorrect entries.

Cheers,
Vijay

Ok, in that case where was the error in the initial program because as soon as i got an answer wrong it added a balloon to my account...and as soon as a friend that i splash got an answer wrong, it deducted. In which case original calculation of 160 net - leaving me with 40 makes more sense. I am not arguing against you. Please understand that i am trying to put together what people are frustrated about in more coherent terms, that is all.

I see your point...but like i said earlier, statistically the 1 & 2 are not adding up...are you sure that the system is not multiplying the code with the number? So that it becomes 0*pending + 1*correct + 2*incorrect + 3*unclaimed - i am not challenging you just checking... Big smile

interesting point.perhaps the pseudocode or the actual code for the calculation can be posted here for us to check.
sanril IF-Dazzler
sanril
sanril

LOL LOL guess_gallery!
Kruts IF-Dazzler
Kruts
Kruts

Sree:

Kruts, this is so nice to see you away from Astitva section, talking about probability and all other stuff... I am having fun reading your arguments... I have always enjoyed the way you analyse things. But that was pertaining to the serial, though... This is really nice...

I am also enjoying myself...and thank you so much for your nice comments...i am glad people are enjoying my little tantrum LOL LOL
vijay Admin Group
vijay
vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by krutilynn

Ok, in that case where was the error in the initial program because as soon as i got an answer wrong it added a balloon to my account...and as soon as a friend that i splash got an answer wrong, it deducted. In which case original calculation of 160 net - leaving me with 40 makes more sense. I am not arguing against you. Please understand that i am trying to put together what people are frustrated about in more coherent terms, that is all.

I see your point...but like i said earlier, statistically the 1 & 2 are not adding up...are you sure that the system is not multiplying the code with the number? So that it becomes 0*pending + 1*correct + 2*incorrect + 3*unclaimed - i am not challenging you just checking... Big smile

Hehehe LOL

Well there is no multiplication here. Smile

I think now the calculation is showing correctly. Please confirm.Embarrassed

Cheers,

Vijay

mad_cap IF-Rockerz
mad_cap
mad_cap

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by guess_gallery

maddy ji but plz tell me what will be the rules in counting...

one plu one is not equal to two.
Kruts IF-Dazzler
Kruts
Kruts

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Vijay,

the calculation is fine...but where was the original error?? i mean how does a net of 160 balloons turn into 51?

Please understand that if i had access to some other members statistics i would have been using those. I personally dont care about the results because i was having fun...i am merely trying to query where was the original error...
pams309 IF-Dazzler
pams309
pams309

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:31am | IP Logged
Vijay, you are stirring a hornet's nest babe...need to check carefully...there is a fundamental error somewhere...else i would suggest that close this contest and just announce the winners...have another contest start with all the coding etc. so that people dont feel 'cheated' out of their time...

we already had one whole round of holi before this was restarted and having a whole new round (which is pretty much what will happen now) is not really fair...But o well, its ur forum and its ur call

i agree with this kruti...its a simple contest, 1st of all it took all of us a lot of time to understand the contest rules...still we didnt complain, n went on participating whole heartedly..
now again so much hungama for results too...y yaar?

discussing for fun is ok..but if they r going to start a fresh game with, same rules, i am not going to participate..my head already went in circles with so many mistakes in questions n answers...now anothr chakkar...
instead of correcting mistakes from their end, they are stirring lots of dissatisfaction, lots of confusion among us..finally wat r we going to achieve..

Edited by pams309 - 23 March 2006 at 3:35am

Go to top