Rules & Announcements

India-Forums

   
Rules & Announcements
Rules & Announcements

Balloon Recalculation going ON! (Page 25)

Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-
Joined: 19 November 2005
Posts: 6377

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:05am | IP Logged

 

i dont khow  but simple is the best...

who have less balloons left and less pending questions  to be answered should be the winner..

 

 



Edited by guess_gallery - 23 March 2006 at 3:08am

fire_on_ice Goldie
fire_on_ice
fire_on_ice

Joined: 22 September 2005
Posts: 1329

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Well ... so now is everything alrite?
i mean i think we should give vijay some time to make the changes n to make sure everythings ok instead of everyone juz jumping on him... Smile Take you time vijay!
*dolly* IF-Sizzlerz
*dolly*
*dolly*

Joined: 22 January 2005
Posts: 13663

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:07am | IP Logged
i still have 272 balllons compared to 162
mudabid Goldie
mudabid
mudabid

Joined: 13 October 2005
Posts: 1745

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:07am | IP Logged
Kruts, you lost me again. Confused
mad_cap IF-Rockerz
mad_cap
mad_cap

Joined: 31 May 2005
Posts: 6268

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by krutilynn

Vijay,

ya, it is showing correctly but here is the second problem:

How did a net difference of 160 (in my case, because i dont have access to other members's scores) change into a net difference of 51.

I mean something is still amiss...and i think it is in the way you are calculating wrong answers by others...because if i sent 1248 questions, even probablistically getting only (51+76=127) answers wrong is erroneous (it falls within the 1% statistical tail on a head or tail scale)

jeez, i am enjoying this. here we have a political economist pointing out statistical blunders by catching the tails of all the balloon chuckers.
mudabid Goldie
mudabid
mudabid

Joined: 13 October 2005
Posts: 1745

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:10am | IP Logged
LOL
Too_Much IF-Rockerz
Too_Much
Too_Much

-
Joined: 19 November 2005
Posts: 6377

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:10am | IP Logged
yes maddy...

topic kisne kise baloon diya
Kruts IF-Dazzler
Kruts
Kruts

Joined: 10 August 2005
Posts: 2602

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:11am | IP Logged
Details on the head or tail probability scale (for those of you who want to waste time while Vijay figures out what to do):

I am using my sample of 1248 questions sent to others:

Probability: either someone gets it right or wrong.
Since an average question has 4 choices, the probability that someone gets it right is 25%, which means that the probability of someone getting an answer wrong is 75%.

Which means that in a sample of 1248 questions, 936 have the probability of being answered wrong. However, since I ended up reclaiming so many of the balloons, i will stick with 200 (as being the max possible wrong answers). Thus 200/1248 = 16% wrong answers is the probability.

Thus if we take my 127 wrong answers into account, the net probability is 10%. Taking into account the entire distribution, this results in a less than 1% chance of occurring...if this is my luck, i should play a huge lottery game...because it means that i am actually beating statistical probabilities!!! LOL

Disclaimer: THIS IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT/WASTING TIME PURPOSES ONLY

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Balloon Contest Winner : Maddy (mad_cap)

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17

Author: OodlesDoodles   Replies: 131   Views: 12099

OodlesDoodles 131 12099 10 June 2006 at 9:03am by SmarterDesiKid
Contest On Hold for Balloon Recalculation

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 179 180

Author: vijay   Replies: 1436   Views: 46039

vijay 1436 46039 10 June 2006 at 8:56am by Ali
Balloon Contest - Special Announcement

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Author: vijay   Replies: 68   Views: 10541

vijay 68 10541 10 June 2006 at 8:48am by Ali
Splash the Balloon Contest Tutorial

2 3

Author: OodlesDoodles   Replies: 22   Views: 4684

OodlesDoodles 22 4684 05 April 2006 at 7:00am by Ruvneeta

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Rules & Announcements Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index