Balloon Recalculation going ON! - Page 289

Posted: 18 years ago
Originally posted by jasunap

Who invented Laws of Heredity

Galileo Galili
Edmund Halley
Gregor Mendel
Jean Baptiste Lamarck

isn't it mendel? the last time i clicked on him...i had to shower!!

Mendel
minnie is
an Armaan fan
a Purab fan
a Jassi fan
None of the above

Ithink I had this question before but not 100% sure answer armaan.

Soz got to
go now My daughter has piano exam in 40 mins
see u later. 😉
Kruti, about rabbits and Fibonacci.

One of the many mathematical problems that Fibonacci investigated (and the one he is most well known for) was 'the speed with which rabbit populations would increase under ideal circumstances.

Starting with one pair of rabbits, and assuming that each month they produce another pair of rabbits, which will also reproduce at a rate of one new pair per month, with none of the rabbits ever dying, Fibonacci asked the question 'how many pairs will there be in one year?'

http://students.bath.ac.uk/ma1caab/series.html
[quote=krutilynn]Fibonacci series has been called the "golden series" because the ratio of two consecutive numbers after the first two is always the same 1.618 and is referred to as the "golden ratio." It is claimed that this proportion exists in every aspect of creation in the universe. Check this out:
http://goldennumber.net/fibonser.htm

[/quote]

Dan brown too written eloborately about it in his novel, "Da venci code" thats the ratio was discovered 1st by Leo nardo da venci.
on the website focus on the phimatrix software and see an illustration. When the importance of this ratio (phi) was found, scientists started testing the significance of phi on everything else...it has been joked that even rabbits multiply based on the Phi!! 😃
minnie is
an Armaan fan
a Purab fan
a Jassi fan
None of the above

Ithink I had this question before but not 100% sure answer armaan.

Soz got to
go now My daughter has piano exam in 40 mins
see u later. 😉
hey jaya..
for the heredity question
it definitely is Mendel
isnt it the strangest thing that one can know soooo much in detail about a mathematical problem/issue but not know something sooo interesting as the rabbit problem. It was always referred to by places that i used as an illustration rather than the point of origin!!

Thanks Maddy...this was interesting!
thanks sara, maddy. and good luck for your daughters exam princess 😃
pams [quote]
Dan brown too written eloborately about it in his novel, "Da venci code" thats the ratio was discovered 1st by Leo nardo da venci.[/quote]

Actually, i think that Da Vinci was obsessive about the sequence in his works...many artists and scientists are really amazed by the consistency of Phi...so Dan Brown was referring to the excessive use of the fibonacci by Da Vinci. The series itself was discovered in the 12th century by Fibonacci!