Posted: 18 years ago
wow...that is an interesting fact...
pams309 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
[quote=mad-cap]
jasunap wrote:
right maddy.  divisible by 400. that is why 1500 is not a leap year

strictly speaking 1500 is a leap year. the gregorian reform occured in 1582, prior to which leap year calculation was based strictly on being divisible by 4. after 1582, the concept of century years were considerd.[/quote]

ok, here is the divisibility test of 4. if last two digits of any number is divisible by "4", the whole number is divisible by 4.. 😃

Kruts thumbnail
wait wait...did someone mention "method" and "IF" in one sentence????

There is never any "method" to madness 😆 😆
pams309 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

[quote=mad-cap]interestingly if someone claimed that a murder occured on 7th October, 1582, he would be lying because no such date actually existed. (Oct 5 to Oct 14 1582 does not exist).

[/quote]

i didnt understand this...can u explain plzz?

mad_cap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: krutilynn

wait wait...did someone mention "method" and "IF" in one sentence????

There is never any "method" to madness 😆 😆

there is always a method in madness, but never one in blind copy paste.
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
hi , how every thing is going on i mean answering section
Kruts thumbnail
Pam...when the adjustment was made for "divisible by 400" for century years, the people realized that they were ending up with an extra nine days to adjust for which 5th of October to 14th of October were removed from one year (1582)and this brought about the time adjustment in the Gregorian calendar...
dreamgirl93 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
BTW yaar why you all thrown so many balloons on me that my total balloon count have reached 420 .. Ohh thank god just checked its 422

good one vijay i threw few as well 😉
mad_cap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pams309

[quote=mad-cap]interestingly if someone claimed that a murder occured on 7th October, 1582, he would be lying because no such date actually existed. (Oct 5 to Oct 14 1582 does not exist).<!-- Signature -->[/quote]

i didnt understand this...can u explain plzz?

this goes back to history. prior to Oct 1582, the Julien calender was followed where a leap year occured every 4 years. So any year divisible by 4 was a leap year. this was based on the assumption that the earth took exactly 365 days and 6 hours to complete a revolution. but the fact is it took 365 days 6 hours and some seconds. in 1582 Pope Gregory observed this fallacy and found out from calculations that 10 days needed to be corrected. so the Gregorian reform took place. after 4th October 1582, the next date was 15th October.
Maybe the concept of paid leave has its root here.
Kruts thumbnail
ummm...sweetsapna...your total balloon count is 199...check again