Balloon Recalculation going ON! - Page 27

*dolly* thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
[Quote=mad_cap]dolly wrote:
abhi mut shuru kero..
do it after 3-4 hrs so i can get some sleep

why are u worrying. has someone mended the hole in your bucket[/QUOTE]
hehehe

yes i just checked it ..its not there. looks like work of a friend who couldn't see my bucket with a hole.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mudabid thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree with you Pams. Having things like, balloons in transit and then reclaiming them just adds to everyone's confusion. Rules hould be simple and points accumulation transparent.
Kruts thumbnail
OK buddies...one more post before i go AWOL for a couple of hours (maybe i wont go totally AWOL will keep the window open and refresh it every 10 minutes...i dont know...this is addictive and i love interacting with all of you out here) - I think we should start the contest with the new calculations in place - yes, i agree that it would mean a lot more answering of questions, etc. but our positions are not going to be significantly affected. Plus, it is fun answering questions, right? We all learn something and hopefully we can start a thread where all the queries regarding "unknown answers" can be posted and we get to interact with each other even more!!

Ya, fiances and husbands and "imaginary" spouses (haha - ahmed!!) will get ignored but o well...its better than posting nonsense on some forum about whether HR is better or ID is better???

Kay bolto??
DivyaD thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Yup... Balloon Contest was definately fun - Thanks Vijay!! 👏 And now we all wanna know who won... Look forward to the next game!! 😉
princess belle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I dont think starting afresh is not at all a good idea...as we have already done once, by starting from scratch.

but in future if you want to have this contest..make simpler rules.
1. 1st of all take the names of participants who really want to participate in the contest. only those can participate.
2. instead of contestants sending each other balloons, aadmin should give random questions.
3. if we answer correctly, give two points, if answered wrong, minus one.
4. Admin should give each contestant a fixed number of questions each day. and put a time limit for answering. lets say 24 hrs. if participant doesnt answer the question in tat time, he will automatically get minus one.
5. the winner will be, whoever reaches maximum points in some particular fixed time.

i thnk these rules, make the contest simpler..m calculations become much easier. its just like Admin group will be our Quiz master, tats the only difference..

wat you all say??

Edited by pams309 on 23 March 2006 at 3:56am

This sounds less confusing , good idea. 😉
mad_cap thumbnail
pams, does that mean we would be chuccking the balloons at the IF admin people.
DivyaD thumbnail
Yeah... Princess u have a point!
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

new rules... you can divert you balloons to your enemy...per day 10
Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
maddy some serious note required... what is the best vegetable or any fruit to increse your vision ...i mean what should we eat.
Kruts thumbnail
Here is what i think the final verdict is by Vijay - i dont want to steal his thunder but just thought of writing it up in brief *statistical terms* (yeah one more pearl...just couldnt resist)

1) Since everyone's scores are recalculated, the positions in the list do not change which means that the net effect of the change is merely in nominal terms rather than real terms.

2) Those of us who have been so hard-at-work with answering questions painstakingly, probably know some of the answers by heart now...which means - Close to 99% actual probability of getting an answer right even though the statistical probability is only about 25%.

3) This gives people (such as Pam, Sree, etc.) who have tried so hard in the past three days to jump significant distances another chance at winning. My personal probability of getting in the first three just got diminished because these people have worked wayyyyy harder than i did and thus, probably remember answers better

4) Posts in the original 199 page forum contain answers to almost 50% of the questions in the question bank (ya, i am exaggerating but they definitely contain 50% answers to the most confusing questions)

5) So now, cheer up everyone and lets have a Balloon-blasting...there is a 100% chance of having one winner and 100% chance of everyone else not winning...assuming 500 people are actively participating, the probability of winning is 0.02% anyways!!

So lets have fun!!