Balloon Recalculation going ON! - Page 15

Posted: 18 years ago
i fet yeh sidha mamala hai.... direct check who has less ballons and having less questions pendin will be the winner

Originally posted by krutilynn

Let me try to show where the error is:
Vijay's current method:

Opening Balance               200
Add:            
+ Balloons Recieved and Answered Incorrectly      76      
+ Balloons Recieved and Reclaimed      1      
+ Balloons Sent (In Transit)      33      

Less:            
- Balloons Sent and was answered Incorrectly      128      

=> Total            182
--------------------------------------
CORRECT METHOD SHOULD BE:

Opening Balance               200
Add:            
+ Balloons Recieved and Answered Incorrectly      76      
+ Balloons Recieved and Reclaimed      1      

Less:
- Balloons Sent (In Transit)      33    & ;nbs p;      
- Balloons Sent and was answered Incorrectly      128      

Total            116

This is still unfair to those who have actively participated but o well...

Hey Kruti,

I get you what you are trying to suggest but see the calculation might sound confusing but its not.

See till the balloons are unanswered by the recipient they are counted in your Total Balloons. So we have to add that.

If you see the table below that:

There it does say "Balloons Recieved & Pending". If you notice that they are not counted in your total as it is owned by the sender till you do not answer them or 24 hrs have elapsed.

u r absolutely right guess_gallery! i had to just ignore my hubby's request to cook for him just to play this game...
Go Ahmed, make your voice heard loud and clear.

vishesh ki pitaayii kernii padegii  aab

dosrae kae gum mein khush ...ya phir apnae luck per

sanril,i concentrated more on you while telling that.. 😉

WAit Friends, let us try to understand what Vijay is trying to say... Please dont lose hope... Let us try to recalculate again... Dont get pissed off like this..

hi vishesh...

vishesh ne ungli kata kar shahido me naam likha liya
Hi Vijay...my notes in blue

I think the method that I have calculated is correct:
nope...here is why
a) The game starts with 200 balloons in tub with 0 Balloons in Pending. correct

b) Total Balloon count = Balloons in Tub + Balloons in Transit so in the beginning it was 200+0...now it is no longer 200 + # because you sent out the balloons from the tub itself...which means that balloons in tub + number in transit = 200 (assuming everything else remaining constant)

c) The sender do not recieve any advantage when he reclaims the balloon and just the balloon that were in transit are transferred to the tub. yup, but for people who have a lot of balloons in transit, your current method is going to double up their counts and for people such as the ones in the top 3 or 4 or people who did not participate at all this number is going to be only 1 or 0 which is almost no penalty.

What you suggest? I suggest, that just announce the winner at 1 balloon pending instead of waiting for 0 because this recount will make people lose their patience. I have been on this forum and its posts day and night...and so have many others...who have tried sooo hard to get answers correct. It is not fair in my opinion to expect them to do this all over again because of an error in the programming. I suggest that you end this contest and start a post-holi contest from scratch with 200 balloons for everyone. I am assuming that since the coding is all done now, the next time around there will be fewer chances of errors but at least this time the people who have patiently competed (even though they had not-so-good scores, should not be unduly penalized

Cheers, cheers!

vidya ji.... agree so we are happy how thinks are going on but dont start this same contest again it will not be a success.. coz indian idol also started second but failed.. we are ready to accept the result..so plz announce