Great Indian Laughter Challenge 4
Great Indian Laughter Challenge 4

'I meant no offence'

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 11:15pm | IP Logged

Pratab Fouzdar
Great Indian Laughter Challenge contestant, Pratab Fouzdar, has been taken aback by the outbursts against his Sardarji gags on the Star One show.

Agra-based Fouzdar, himself a Sikh, says it was all done in good spirit. "I meant no offence to anyone," he says.

The Sikh community is enraged with the Star network for making a mockery of them on the show.

Yesterday, members of the community marched to the Star office at Mahalaxmi, protesting against the channel and the show for portraying Sikhs in poor light.

Friday's episode of the weekly had Fouzdar with a platter of Sikh jokes, including some on Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh. The Sikhs are objecting to the fact that he ridiculed them.

Speaking from Agra, Fouzdar says, "I don't know anything yet about the agitation. It was all done in good faith. These are the jokes that I have been cracking for the last 20 years."

Fouzdar, 47, is an engineer by profession who runs his own automobile business in Agra. He was declared the winner of the Friday's episode of the Great Indian Laughter Challenge Contest, which had Soha Ali Khan as the celeb judge on the show.

Anchors Shekhar Suman and Navjot Singh Sidhu, seemed to enjoy the show. "I am a Sikh and I mean no disrespect," says Fouzdar.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Remembering the legends of Stand Up Comedy! Remembering the legends of Stand Up Comedy!  1

Those were the good old days!

A Send off to Purbi Joshi! A Send off to Purbi Joshi!  4

Talented actress Purbi Joshi receives a pleasant send off from her ...

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index