Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

karu future is bright.Is IIfuture bright? (Page 2)

breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by madhavir108

1) No we dont.. we def dont need reality shows with public voting..reality shows have always been around.. Channel V was the premier with Popstars and Super Singer.... Antakshari, SRGM were also reality singing shows.. to have one show with voting its fine..but so many.. ridiculous...

2) coz they r quick money.. II 1 was the first of its kind in india..ppl liked the 'novel' idea and hence voted for the right guy.. (i prefered amit more..but abhijit is pretty good too).. sony quickly cut an album and abhijit became a star overnite..but see wat happened to singers in SRGM who won thru judges.. forgotten.. didnt get good offers etc etc..so ppl thought votin is more genuine... sony was smart.. started FG soon after II..so ppl were still fresh in thought..but then with FG the sympathy story that II 1 started (ravinder ravi) carried.. every1 was potrayed as havin a sad life..shows like SRGMP which till then were not voting.. suffered..so they had to become like II and FG... its good money.. y wuldnt a show want to earn more ?

3. YESSS !! each sms is rs 6.. for SRGM rougly 5 crore votes came in fianls.. assumin even 2 crores came from SMS thts like rs 12 cr.. wasted for this STUPID thing...

It was not only the money tht was wasted but even ur emotions were drained watching all the good signers leave when they shdnt have----sharib was a perfect example.....

The only good thing is tht these guys get some exposure......but seeing the voting trends in such shows im sure many talented youngsters wouldnt feel motivated enuf to actually particiapte in II-3 or SRGMP C-2006 coz they realise the high weightage of luck and regional bias needed!

madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:22am | IP Logged
After watching SRGMP, II 1 and FG religiously.. (II 2, i watch only good performances.. my room mate watches the show n tells me which r worth watching n i see only those.. sick of reality shows..) I can say that the loosers are the biggest winners...lets analyze..

II 1 : Amit Sana got a singing offer for a full movie before AS (Sun Zara)..without the mass publicity of Sony, his Chal Diye had reasonable sales.. and his song from Kalyug was appreciated and recognized as compared to Abhijit's from ABA which was totally overshadowd by HR's songs..

SRGMP C05: Sharib, i nver saw much.. i never really liked his singing and i thought he was over praised at times by J-L.. so i dont wanna comment.. lets talk about the losers.. Vinit already sang for 3 films under HR, Hemu sang for 2 telugu movies, singing for Alag, mukta arts has taken him for some of their productions.. Himani sang in Chingari and Tom,Dick and Harry.. Nihira has sung a lot before coming to SRGMP C05 - Pran Jaaye par shaan na jaaye, bunty aur babli, 88 antopp hill..marathi films etc... ID's promise on hte last day makes me believe tat he will make her a star, she has also sang for Alag with Hemu..

FG : Arijit, Shamit and Mona got offers from tips..

Super Singer (Channel V) : Naresh Iyer got a chance to sing with Rahman !! Wat more could he ask for!

so in short.. winnin in reality shows isnt gonna make a differenc.. u got a platform and u became a household name n thts gud enough.. for II 3 or SRGMP C06, people will still take part.. n the same story will continue..good singers r gonna get recognized..

problem is there are too many of them.. and as i mentioned before..followin economics... its a demand supply model.. more supply than demand, cost goes down.. so these singers r goin to have no value.. esp in comparision to shaan, sonu, kunal who have an established name..do u think they'd step aside to give these singers a chance ? hell no !
avtab IF-Dazzler
avtab
avtab

PRC’s most helpful (Vaishali)

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:52am | IP Logged
His future is ok nehito judges ko lena parega. Woh log itna ache ache bate kia or bhul jayegi yeh bat thik nehi Angry
~Aaina~ IF-Sizzlerz
~Aaina~
~Aaina~

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 12:55am | IP Logged
karu's future is bright
madhavi_r108 Goldie
madhavi_r108
madhavi_r108

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Karu's future is def. bright.. i think the discussion here is about the future of reality shows now...
ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:30am | IP Logged
how about an independant television channel(even cnbc on weekends)hosting best of singers from all reality shows.
   FG vs SRGMP vs II vs MERI AWAZ SUNO.

3boys and 3 girls from each show compete..

judges...I. pandit/ustad 2.known music director 3.male singer 4.female singer.

..........AND NO PUBLIC VOTING.......
pramod_10 Groupbie
pramod_10
pramod_10

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:48am | IP Logged
and ...what will happen?
to prove what? we will forget within a week.
breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:57am | IP Logged

i guess lik sonya said it's not only talent it's also luck to a gr8 degree. There have been some gr8 singers in SRGM (when they used to call musical ppl 2 judge) but how many of them got in2 the music industry except shreya and kunal. Confused

True, the good singers do get exposure but do the good ones always win----abhijeet was an exception! And think abt the audience as well----wont they be sick n tierd of voting n havin their emotions drained! LIke madhavi said---there's excess supply but if this kind of voting trend continues then the audience and judges r just gonna get sick of such shows.

And to top all of tht, u have all this drama and tears and 'meri maa ka sapna' blah blah!!!!! Dead

The reason American Idol stil has the highest ratings is coz the quality is good, the judges rnt confused Wacko and the focus is ON SINGING not who has the best hair or who needs to get his love or who's had the toughest childhood!

Edited by breathing_irony - 23 March 2006 at 1:57am

Go to top