India-Forums

minding thse tresses

Mishubaa IF-Rockerz
Mishubaa
Mishubaa

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Minding those tresses!

Each of us share unique relationships with our hair! Some pamper their tresses, some just let them take their own course. But all of us can't stop wondering how some people have such lustrous hair...while the unfortunate few are forced to crop it short!

But spare a thought for those artistes whose tresses bear the brunt of intense lighting and straightening, day in and day out!

Narayani Shastri's jet black hair must have attracted many a roving eye, but the fault perhaps lies with the lady herself! The actor gives her hair its share of TLC. "I oil my hair regularly and eat the right food," says Narayani.

Most artistes, we spoke to agreed that a healthy diet is the key to long and lustrous hair. "Fortunately, I am blessed with good hair and also when I was young I used to apply oil and tie two plaits for school, while now a days girls hate to tie their hair. I also used to put curd and eat healthy. It's more internal than external," points out Poonam Dhillon, who has managed to keep that sheen in her hair even at this age.

Both Tasneim Sheikh and Narayani Shastri sound a warning signal for all those who want to colour or straighten their tresses.

"I did highlight my hair for a hair colour commercial, and that's the worst thing that could have happened to my hair. There are already many things affecting one's hair, and streaking just adds to it. The chemical used, makes one's hair dry and brittle. That's why I stay away from straightening, highlighting and even blow drying. I don't like doing experiments with my hair," sighs Narayani.

"I don't do anything to my hair! I have never coloured it, nor have I straightened it. I never do all this, because I believe that any chemical used on your face or hair damage it severely. I apply curd at times and oil it regularly," adds Tasneim.

All these actresses blame their peofession to some extent for their hair troubles!
"I have done streaked my hair loads of hair streaking, which has harmed my hair big time. This is because of the hair commercials I did; they used to streak and then straighten it even in the middle of shots," complains Swetta Keswani.

"Hair is also affected by the lights while shooting, also combing your hair again and again can damage it," says Poonam.

Will the ladies put their tresses under the knife for a role, we ask them -- "if ever I get a good role which demands short hair, I will definitely cut it and why not? Its like crop, it will grow again!" laughs Poonam.

Narayani too is reday to take that leap - "If a very good role comes my way which

requires short hair, I will try not to cut my hair, and wear a wig as I did in Piya Ka Ghar, but if not then I might just go for a haircut!" points out Narayani.

But the Tasneim and Swetta are adamant about not trimming their locks until something really big comes up!

Despite of the damages caused to their hair, these actors continue to make others go green with envy by flaunting their manes! So next time you turn green, just reach out for that bottle of oil that you have ignored for so long!

By RIYA V ANANDWALA
Posted on 22 March 2006 9:30

IMILWAAKAOO Goldie
IMILWAAKAOO
IMILWAAKAOO

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
wow Wink
ishu124 Goldie
ishu124
ishu124

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Wink
umi82990 IF-Sizzlerz
umi82990
umi82990

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
w0o0o0o0o0o0o0ow....thanks for sharing Wink
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Hrishikesh Pandey celebrates son's birthday in style... Hrishikesh Pandey celebrates son's birthday in style...  12

Hrishikesh Pandey who plays Shakti in Humari Betiyon Ka Vivah On Zee ...

Kamya Punjabi just loves to be Bad! Kamya Punjabi just loves to be Bad!  21

Kamya Punjabi has no doubt, been acclaimed for her various negative ...

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index