India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

An Honest Opinion (Page 2)

s_mag2000 Groupbie
s_mag2000
s_mag2000

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:20am | IP Logged
I am not trying to compare Sandeep with Abhijeet Sawant and I am not making him a scapegoat. I have tried to listen to him open-mindedly but to me a good singer is the ultimate goal of II2. I dont see the "X-factor", which by the way I beleive is another silly invented word hyped by the media. And honestly boyish charm is a dime a dozen in India. I am just trying to say there has to be more in an Indian Idol.

kothra IF-Stunnerz
kothra
kothra

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 10:39am | IP Logged
hi
sony knows that this time indian idol 2 will not b hit as ike indian idol 1
huzi
s_mag2000 Groupbie
s_mag2000
s_mag2000

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rbaggio

look there are many reasons why sandeep is in top three, let me list them out:

1. Indian public are very emotional, they like simple guys, (like abhijeet and amit sana), sandeep looks very simple on TV

2.His voice is 95% like udit narayan, who is arguaubly the biggest singer in india right now. All udit fans vote for him

3. He has a very unique style of answering questions and that is very important. his answers always seem like very honest and truthful, which attracts the publci to vote for him

there are plenty more reasons, but one thing is very important, in indian idol, contestant come to win and they can only do that, if they get votes. so basicaly they can do whatever they want to get votes. plus criticisms regarding his singing, if he was so bad then the judges should have criticised him. non of them did, means he sang well and if judges praised him for nothing, then it is them who are misleading the public

The judges did not give him the unconditional praise that people have seemed to bestowed on him. There is too much misinterpretation of the judges comments. Just look at it on face value. All they said was that he has improved and it was one of HIS best performances. They praised him for finally stepping out of udit's shadow. They did not say it was the best singing or that it was remarkable in any other way that in comparison to himself.
s_mag2000 Groupbie
s_mag2000
s_mag2000

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Clap
Mishtimoni Groupbie
Mishtimoni
Mishtimoni

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by s_mag2000

I am not trying to compare Sandeep with Abhijeet Sawant and I am not making him a scapegoat. I have tried to listen to him open-mindedly but to me a good singer is the ultimate goal of II2. I dont see the "X-factor", which by the way I beleive is another silly invented word hyped by the media. And honestly boyish charm is a dime a dozen in India. I am just trying to say there has to be more in an Indian Idol.

Hey, I Know that.. it was meant generally for people who have started comparing him with Abhi .. I agreed with you!!

checks IF-Rockerz
checks
checks

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 9:04pm | IP Logged

I am new to these boards and I don't have a particular favorite among the indian idol contestants. I enjoy songs and singing, so the contestant I like keeps changing with each episode.
With that said, I must say I am surprised with the hyperbolic praise Sandeep has received in the last gala round. I enjoyed his "ruth aagayi hain" in the round before. It was well sung and suited his voice. After that however, his rendition of "dil de diya hain" and especially "jeene ke hain char din" were quite unremarkable. His voice cracked several times and he was definitely off key in parts.I know my critique will receive criticism but please read on before jumping onto the attacking bandwagon.
I am not picking on him or saying he is underserving. I am just using him as an example to make a point. I am trying to say that just because you have a favorite doesnt mean that he deserves unconditional praise. And just because a contestant has made an improvement (albeit a small one), he should not be entitled to a title as lofty as a Indian Idol.
I am competely against personally attacking contestants but unconditional praise is the flip side of the same coin.

Dont worry buddy...we are used to with such examples clearly made for Sandeep....go ahead with such 'unbiased' version of your opinion...we accept it with open heart as we have been doing so far - and when I say 'we', it invloves sandeep's fan....

I may or may not agree with your opinion - thats not the point here...the point is, if he didnt do well, Sonu (whom we call Sonu "Critigam") wudnt tell junta/sandeep that he did it better than himself in 'Jeene ke chaar din' and that was followed by Fardeen khan when he repeated "ther cudnt be any complement after sonu's comment" - now either Sonu is biased or you have something else runnning in your 'open' mind that time....or may be we all are wrong....

no offense to you my dear fellow - all I want to say is - no one is perfect; they are trying to get the best out of them...nothing more than that.....
U talked more abt X-factor....its not a talent hunt, its more of a search of a complete package for stage performance...so by no means, x-factor is hype as you mentioned....atleast junta cant bear those singer who are very very good at singing but cant move an inch while performing on stage....what about audience involvement if u dont have x-facotr or a nice/pleasant outlook...just think abt it.....

any feedback is welcome!! with open heart !!
Aazadi Dil ki !!

peace

Edited by checks - 24 March 2006 at 3:03am
checks IF-Rockerz
checks
checks

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 3:08am | IP Logged

Clap

BTW, for whom u r clapping; for ur own post !! thats a nice gesture though!!

peace
karunya_forever IF-Dazzler
karunya_forever
karunya_forever

Posted: 24 March 2006 at 5:32am | IP Logged

Originally posted by rbaggio

look there are many reasons why sandeep is in top three, let me list them out:

1. Indian public are very emotional, they like simple guys, (like abhijeet and amit sana), sandeep looks very simple on TV

2.His voice is 95% like udit narayan, who is arguaubly the biggest singer in india right now. All udit fans vote for him

3. He has a very unique style of answering questions and that is very important. his answers always seem like very honest and truthful, which attracts the publci to vote for him

there are plenty more reasons, but one thing is very important, in indian idol, contestant come to win and they can only do that, if they get votes. so basicaly they can do whatever they want to get votes. plus criticisms regarding his singing, if he was so bad then the judges should have criticised him. non of them did, means he sang well and if judges praised him for nothing, then it is them who are misleading the public

and i dont even agree with a single point,sorry to say

Go to top