Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

II-2- openion (Page 2)

pramm Senior Member
pramm
pramm

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by breathing_irony

Hmmmm.....well for me the top contendors for II-2 were panna, monali, antara, karu, meenal and amey.

Meenal somehow faield to connect with the audience n farah's comments didnt help either!

MOnali had a gr8 start n was loaded with x-factor but none of her gala perf could match her piano perf somehow.....

Antara---she had everything to be an II-2....though she did give weak perf at times her voice could carry her thru'....her background would also help her since the aam janta could relate mroe 2 her.....but then sicne she was girl i feel she lost out.

Karu---He's a very good signer techincally.....really close to perfection when it comes to sur. Personally i faield to connect with him. I liked his singing but somehow he never touched my heart......n at times i felt he lacked tht x-factor or in Simon's words, the 'it' or 'wow' factor.

Panna----he had x-factor in ABUNDANCE. The best 'performer' easily.....gr8 screen rpesence, very camera- friendly....good looks......FANTASTIC dancer......realyl confident n the best thing was tht he enjoyed every 1 of his performacnes. His singing was weak most of the time but it was not lik he was a pathetic singer or something......he did have strong 'singing' performances lik 'jhalak' and 'hume aur jeene ki'

Amey----i always felt he was Indian Idol material. He sang well and he had loads of x-factor. What i realy liked abt him was the way he evolved through-out the shwo in terms of performance and confidence. He did have his bad days no doubt but there was always a spark n punch in his performance. And one realyl good thing abt him was tht he never repeated the singers...he tried a range of voices n genres......sometiems he wasnt so successful but ATLEAST he tried to bring abt some variation and experimentation. Guess the fact tht he was SRGM finalist and the throat infections went against him........

well said....Clap Clap Clap     this is exactly how i feel too !!!!

ajooni IF-Rockerz
ajooni
ajooni

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Are any of you watching american idol.though it is in its 4 th season(in india 3rd)I find it very good.as usual thre are many AI bashers in america....but I feel these 12 are btter than the last 2 seasons.i loved this weeks 50s performances....

what are your opinions Smile
breathing_irony IF-Dazzler
breathing_irony
breathing_irony

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:24am | IP Logged
American IDol ROCKS!!!!!! thansk to simon! Wink Wink Wink i lvoe all of them.....paris, chris, mandisa, lisa........one good thing abt AI is tht the phone calls r toll free so ppl vote lik crazy n it's only 2 hrs voting........it makes sure tht only the good ones stay... wHILE in II it seems lik they only want to make money even at the cost of some1's career!

Edited by breathing_irony - 23 March 2006 at 1:24am
anonmember IF-Sizzlerz
anonmember
anonmember

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:29am | IP Logged
I loved this week's AI as well. Overall, over the 50s performances were great. Mandisa, Paris and Chris were the best. Barry Manilow was awesome w/his tips and advice to all the contestants.

AI is in the fifth season yet it had the highest ratings even during the auditions round! AI works cause usually the weakest singers are voted out first. There aren't too many surprises and the prime focus is on music. Judges argue esp Paula and Simon but its usually entertaining and doesn't away from the main focus. II2 is focusing on too many factors other than singing and its making the show less interesting. Confused

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Indian Idol 6 Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index