CID
CID

`Manav never proposed to me, nor did I’:

angel_86 Senior Member
angel_86
angel_86

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
'Manav never proposed to me, nor did I': Shweta Kawatra

Vashi2Panvel.Com: Navi Mumbai: March 20: The sultry and 'reely' nasty Shweta Kawatra had a very interesting courtship period since she met hubby Manav Gohil on the sets of Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii. The wedding day and of course the marital life, now, is no less exciting. In a tte--tte with Shweta about Manav, their relationship and the wedding day…

You know each other since… it's only a year now, including the time we know each other.

How did you meet… We met on the sets of Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, Balaji soap on Star Plus. I was playing the vamp, 'Pallavi' but it was at that time when we spent enough time to know each other, become friends and then fall in love.

Your first date? I don't know if I should call it a date as there was no formal 'date-thing' in my case. And, the first time we went out together and had loads of fun was when we were just friends. We had gone out to watch Lagaan on a rainy day. I was on his bike and both of us were completely drenched. After a while, we started feeling cold so we shared a quarter brandies. And by the time the film reached its climax, I got a high! The audience were watching the movie in rapt attention and we only created nuisance there. We were literally screaming in the hall. So, another reason why I don't call it a date is that I was not in my 'well-behaved' form as one is supposed to be during a 'date'.

Who proposed first? In our relationship, there was no proposal at all. It sounds absolutely unbelievable but none of us made the first move. There was an understanding between us that happened during our friendship and hence we did not feel the need to propose. Both of us knew that we loved each other.

The kind of wedding you had? It was a simple wedding affair with only close friends and relatives. It was not even a hush-hush issue but then we did not want to make it a grand event.

Any special memories of the wedding? Yes, I've very special memories of my wedding. In a typical North-Indian wedding, the baraat always comes in late and so during my wedding (she is a Punjabi) everyone expected it to be late and hence the preparations were also not made till 7 when the marriage was scheduled! The baraat came right on time as Manav is very punctual but because we were not really prepared we insisted them to keep dancing. We, in fact, did not stop the 'dhol' so that the baraat is kept engaged. It was really fun as they did not know what was happening and when exactly are they supposed to stop dancing…

Any disaster during the occasion? Yes, there was a major problem because of the decorations. My parents made a very brief visit in the morning to instruct the decorations guy about what we wanted for the marriage. When my parents returned from home at 2, they were flabbergasted. He had put everything wrong- right from flowers to curtains, and even the mandap was not how we wanted! The muhurat was at 7 and my parents stayed back there to ensure everything was right. It was only at around 6:30 that they left the place for home to get ready and the whole programme was delayed. It was 'milni' time where the girl's parents meet the boy's parents and present some 'shagun'. But my parents had not arrived so we kept the baraat dancing…

For your honeymoon you went to… Paris, France and New York. We go to New York quite often. One of our very close friends stays there, at Bahamas. So, we go to meet her and besides, NY is a lovely place to be.

Any discoveries about him after marriage? I knew him for quite a lot of time so there were really no discoveries about him after I married him. I did not discover any drastic change or anything unpleasant. They were all nice changes.

The biggest change in you after marriage? It's true that marriage changes a person to some extent and even I've changed but these changes have been very gradual so I can't really tell how much of that can I attribute to marriage. A person changes with time, situations and maturity so if I've changed it could be because of all the factors and not one. Adjustments are a must and it's important in any relationship. I've become more punctual as Manav is a 'time-person'. In fact, with time I've also become more tolerant than what I was before.

The best gift from him? My dog, Mowgli. That was the first birthday gift I got after I came to know him. It's been a year but my dog is already 4 and half years old!!

One thing about him that makes you smile? Lots of things…Just thinking about him makes me smile. Some times when he has an off-day and I'm working, he asks me to take a day off. That makes me smile!

One thing you dislike about him? Lots of thing…He doesn't keep his things properly. But I feel that's not a male domain at all. They can't do multi-tasking so I've learnt to live with it.

He turns you on when… I can't answer this question…I don't know how to answer a question like this.

More romantic of the two? He is more romantic.

Who makes up after a fight? There is nothing like he should make up or I should make up. Whoever is at fault apologises. We actually don't fight so much. There are difference of opinions but we don't drag it so much and make our lives hell. I wouldn't mind making up even when I'm not at fault because I don't want to wake up the next day feeling grumpy…

To couples getting married you would suggest… Marriage is the best thing that can happen to anyone ever. But you need to be brave, smart and intelligent. Never let your partner take you for granted. If you put in your 50% expect the remaining 50% from him only then will the vehicle move smoothly and on the right track.

By Swati Pandey

Edited by angel_86 - 22 March 2006 at 1:00pm

soap_fan Goldie
soap_fan
soap_fan

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
good article
u_rabia Goldie
u_rabia
u_rabia

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
thanx for info