Indian Idol 6

Judges too harsh on Karu

malathi2100 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

I saw Monday's gala a few times and frankly felt that the comments were not fair.

For the first song Karu sang Anu Malik said his voice sat for the word Gum or something... You hear the song a few times and cannt even feel it... so minor not worth nit picking.  He did not even loose sur AT ALL...

That in mind... Sandeep's aalap was so bad (or non-existent) in the first song... When Sandy and Anuj make so many mistakes (of course much fewer than before)  and are having trouble in getting just the sur right... I think it is unfair to be so harsh on Karu when he has sung flawlessly in terms of sur.

Also Sonu saying 'mujhe dar hai ki aap chad jayenge'  etc... just doesnot help either... From karu's track record... as he does not get enough votes this may just hurt him...

Edited by malathi2100 - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kothra thumbnail
hi.
all three sang well
i feel the comments bu judge were equally for ol three
huzi
harshmm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: malathi2100

I saw Monday's gala a few times and frankly felt that the comments were not fair.

For the first song Karu sang Anu Malik said his voice sat for the word Gum or something... You hear the song a few times and cannt even feel it... so minor not worth nit picking.  He did not even loose sur AT ALL...

That in mind... Sandeep's aalap was so bad (or non-existent) in the first song... When Sandy and Anuj make so many mistakes (of course much fewer than before)  and are having trouble in getting just the sur right... I think it is unfair to be so harsh on Karu when he has sung flawlessly in terms of sur.

Also Sonu saying 'mujhe dar hai ki aap chad jayenge'  etc... just doesnot help either... From karu's track record... as he does not get enough votes this may just hurt him...

Hi Malathi,

I guess its ok to say that judges were a little harsh on Karu, but lets not drag Sandy and Anuj into this. They have done well this time , they improved a lot and plus they are good people, so lets just focus on judges comments on Karu.

What say?

malathi2100 thumbnail
I agree we should focus on Karu... Just wanted to bring out the fact that they (the judges) were not in a bad mood otherwise they would have been unfair to all.

And that their bad comments were specific to Karu, thats all.
Originally posted by: malathi2100

pls dont blame the judges.

sonu was only advicing karu to not 2 take success to head. it was only a piece of advice. remember it was sonu who has been supporting and encouraging karu all this while

harshmm thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pragya0

pls dont blame the judges.

sonu was only advicing karu to not 2 take success to head. it was only a piece of advice. remember it was sonu who has been supporting and encouraging karu all this while

very true. Sonu is only trying by his comments to help Karu. And he actually said, don't worry, we are pulling your leg and we love you.

battosai64 thumbnail
maybe they are harsh on him because he is on another level. Maybe they want him to be as perfect he can be as a singer. If you keep finding mistakes, the person keeps working harder.
jakapa thumbnail
Yes, they were judging him on another level. Going by that they were spot on in what they said.
Shakstar thumbnail
Karunya is simply the best and he has raised the bar to such a standard that even the judges expect more and more frm him...

keep up the gr8 work Karu!! 👏 👏 👏
nandipandi15 thumbnail
the judges adore karu...its a known fact...i personally think a little too much...hes starting to annoy me but the judges love him