Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Banaras: Cast give away their tresses

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Ashmit Patel and Urmila Matondkar
Ashmit Patel may be a hurt soul but the actor was quite punctual at a press meet for his latest film Banaras.

Sporting a sling to rest his fractured arm and outfits overflowing with embroidery (his recent fetish we believe) the actor instantly indulged in some banter with co-stars Naseeruddin Shah and Urmila Matondkar.

Naseeruddin Shah
We hear that during the shoot of the film leading lady Urmila had some differences with Patel. But what came across that they have buried the issue and moved on.

And with Naseer saab going bald and Urmila's cropped haircut we can surely say that the trio are no more obsessed with their long tresses (as sported in the film).

Mum's the word for Guru

Kunal Kapoor Mallika Sherawat
Mani Ratnam's next project Guru boasts of a galaxy of stars but all of them have been sworn to secrecy.

Recently when Mithun Chakroborty happened to talk about his role in the film, he got a gentle rap on the knuckles for his indiscretion — courtesy the great Mani Ratnam himself.

The latest entrants to join Guru apart from Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai, are Mallika Sherawat and Kunal Kapoor (of Rang De Basanti).

They are in, but the poor things can't even say that they play — such is the shroud of mystery.

Sandhya's mid-air drama

Sandhya Mridul
Post Page 3, Sandhya Mridul has had a major transformation.

Not only is she looking different, but the actress has taken to performing her own action scenes.

Recently during a shoot of Deepak Shivdasani's Mr White Mr Black, Mridul was seen dangling in mid air by a harness flying over cars and doing some stunts.

"I had such a blast flying over harnesses. I think it's a fabulous way of traveling in the city from one point to the other. I would love to do more action scenes in the future."

Karmarkar's new play

Kiran Karmarkar
It's well known that Kiran Karmarkar (the erstwhile Om of Kahaani) has a passion for theatre.

Even though his Hind play, Kachche Lamhe, directed by Salim Arif, is doing the rounds of the floorboards, the actor is already rehearsing for his next stage venture titled Mera Naam Joker.

Directed by veteran actress Shubha Khote, it has him playing a psychiatrist—hypnotician. Enthuses Kiran, "It's a farcical comedy which has one of the characters as a thief, but disguised as a joker.

While Shubha's daughter Bhavna Balsaver is paired opposite Bakul Thakker, actress Kranti is cast opposite me.

My hypnotist character that makes blunders galore, will have a grotesque get-up, which may shock the audience when we perform next month," laughs Karmarkar who is not going through any pangs of insecurity being away from TV.

"I would like to do a character in sharp contrast to Om's. I have the patience to start from scratch all over again."

Mera rang de basanti a hit in the US

Mahendra Kapoor with son Ruhan
Rang De Basanti's title track sung by Daler Mehndi may be a chartbuster, but in San Francisco the vintage Mera Rang De Basanti track from the Manoj Kumar movie Shaheed (1965) rendered by Mahendra Kapoor is still a craze.

This became evident when Kapoor with his actor-turned-singer son Ruhan (numerologically correct) perfomed in San Fransisco for NRI audiences.

"We'd be surprised when there'd be a farmaaish for 'Mera rang de basanti' in the various cities in the US where we performed. It's heartwarming to know that today's young NRI generation is also upbeat about patriotic songs," says the 70-plus Kapoor, who was conferred with the Asian Living Legend citation by the Californian Legislative Assembly. Kapoor is planning a sufiyana album shortly.

Jugal spreads smiles

Jugal Hansraj
The President and members of the Innerwheel Club of Mumbai Seacoast organised an Anand Mela for handicapped children recently.

Special children from seven institutes — Society for the Education of the Handicapped, Anands Happy Hours Institute, Khar; Happy Hours Centre, Bandra; Gujarat Research Society; St Teresa School, Dilkhush School and Sankalp.

A total of 150 children enjoyed the Mela held at The Sports Ground, near the Gurudwara on 18th road, Santacruz(W). Actor Jugal Hansraj made the evening memorable for the kids by playing, singing and dancing with them.

They played several games together.

Aroona's next

Aroona Irani
This comes from a li'l birdie that perches itself atop branches near production and channel offices. Looks like it is work in progress for actress-turned-producer Aroona Irani's new show, slated on Sony.

After the failed-to-impress Rabba Na Ishq Na Hove on Zee and the failed — to- take off Dor on Sab, it seems Irani is getting everything just right for her next soap to create enough lather.

It is learnt that Irani has been approaching actors for her new offering. Irani and the channel would prefer to be tight-lipped for the moment.

But dahlings, you know who opens their mouths first — the actors themselves! Try sealing their lips with the latest glue.
Raza's Bollywood

Q What would you call a punchline delivered by Adnan Sami?

A Paunch-line.

Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:53am | IP Logged
thx
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top