Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Hrithik sees grey!

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:24am | IP Logged

Hrithik Roshan
With Dhoom 2 Hrithik Roshan reaches an important milestone in his career.

For the first time he plays a completely dark character. A stark contrast to his goody-two-shoes, boy-next-door, image. The actor, currently shooting for the film in Brazil, tells us he'll make a great baddie...

There is a general impression that you can't play the baddie convincingly.
Someone told me recently that I am straightforward, nice and boring. It's really sad that in this day and age, being nice is considered boring! Being nice is always good.

In Dhoom 2, I might just make the bad look really good! You might just fall in love with the villain. Dhoom 2 is a ride, a thrill, and not so much about good or bad but just enjoying each thrill to its maximum. It's not serious, authentic, real-life drama.

Do you think you can play a negative character?
You let me know after you see the film.

Do you think there's a dark side to you, which will come across in this role?
Of course there is. Believe me, you don't wanna find out right now! I jumped at this role because I always wanted to do a film like Dhoom 2. I wanted to do a negative role as one gets tired of being nice all the time.

What would you like to be remembered as, 10 years from now — a good actor, a good human being or a big star?
Ten years from now, I will not be remembered. I will be "known" for being all this! And if the question is about being remembered, I'd rather pick the challenge of a century and be remembered for far greater reasons than these.

Does competition make you insecure?
No. I am a true believer in competition, as this is the only way to push yourself to excel in life. I like to think of all of us as being on the same side, pushing each other to do better. That's what competition truly stands for.

We are not against each other but on the same side. If there were no competition how would we know what we are capable of? We would never have been able to realise the extent of human potential.

But it's important to enjoy the thought that it's a tool that we're using to better ourselves, no matter what the outcome. It's not about winning or losing but about growing continuously without any finish line.

Are you ambitious?
The meaning of the words ambitious and success have evolved for me. It's no longer about money or fame. I don't think those are the yardsticks of true success.

Success is reaching a stage in life where you have no fear and achieve complete freedom to be the person you are. We're always looking towards the future for some sort of fulfillment but success outside is nothing without success within. That is the mark of true success and I'm on my way there!

What are these fears and insecurities?
I might sound contradictory but certain insecurities and fears are good things. To accept the right kind of insecurity and fear drives you a lot in life, and if you accept that, it's great. You've just got to be mature about it.

Aries23 IF-Stunnerz
Aries23
Aries23

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 10:43am | IP Logged
thx
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top