Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Yukta wants Ekta show

sheetald IF-Rockerz
sheetald
sheetald

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 9:22am | IP Logged

Yukta Mookhey

Yukta Mookhey is at a crossroads. Either she just waits for films to come her way, or chooses television to make a living, like many film actors have done. Mookhey wants to choose the latter.

Speaking to HiTLIST on Monday, she said, "When I won the Miss Universe title, I never thought in my wildest dreams that television would become such a big industry. Today, wherever I go for appearances or commercial ventures, people prefer to call TV actors, who have become a sort of brand in our country."

Please, Ektaji

"I would love to work for Ekta Kapoor. I am sure that she will not give me a bahu's role, though. Ekta has so many strong characters in her serials; I am sure she can cast me in at least one of them."

Is Mookhey peeved with films? "It's just that I am not getting the right offers. I am getting offers that demand that I do very bold scenes and I am not game for such stuff. And two films which I have, are stuck."

Stalled films

Says Mookhey, "The shooting for Memsaab has stopped and the producer has gone underground. I have lost money."

Pannu Brar (Mink's brother) has completed Kathputli, but is without a release. "My role has been cut to half. This  is grossly unfair," laments Yukta.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top