CID
CID

Sudhanshu Pandey back with Sony show!

monika.goel IF-Stunnerz
monika.goel
monika.goel

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Sudhanshu Pandey back with Sony show!

Sudhanshu Pandey's last full fledged role was Saaya with Mansi Joshi and Achint Kaur.

Sudhanshu Pandey: second innings on television

Now, he will be seen in Fireworks' latest offering on Sony, tentatively titled, Akela which will be on air in June. The show is a one hour weekly that will be telecast at primetime. It will be directed by B P Singh himself.

"I have got a very different look in the show. It's a first of its kind...You see, I am not intersted in doing too much of television, but since it's being produced by Fireworks with whom I have worked earlier, and also because the role's challenging I decided to do it," says an elusive Sudhanshu, who understandbly refused to say much about his character.The actor currently has five films in his kitty.

The show is not an out and out thriller, but it has some supernatural elements in it as well. "This is something that has never been tried before. It's a blend of the supernatural and the thrilling. It's the biggest show that we have done so far. I am sure that it will set some high standards," says supervising producer, Yash Patnaik.

Sumeet Raghavan: from comedy to thriller

The show will also star Sumeet Raghavan, who plays Sahil in Star One's Sarabhai vs Sarabhai. "I play a cop in the show. It's a very interesting character and I will be able to tell you more about it when I start shooting," says a visibly excited Sumeet.

The female leads of the show are yet to be finalised. "We are looking for someone who will be able to match the stature of Sudhanshu Pandey. Someone with a lot of personality," points out Patnaik adding that shooting will start next month.

Interestingly, the working title of the show, Akela has not made the final cut. "We have to give a name that justifies the concept of the show. The title of the show should not drive away the audience...it should not sound like a horror show," laughs Patnaik.

This one's one show that's sure to be another winner for the Fireworks team!

Sudhanshu Pandey is always upto something. After he quit Band of Boys, his singing career might have taken a downturn but his acting career is going along nicely. He is regularly seen on the box - and in movies. He was in the Jackie Chan starrer The Myth. He's also paired opposite Rituparna Sen Gupta in the film Unns.
http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/mar/22mar/news_akela.php

u_rabia Goldie
u_rabia
u_rabia

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
thanx
nepbabiigrl4eva Senior Member
nepbabiigrl4eva
nepbabiigrl4eva

Posted: 23 March 2006 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
thankxxxx
nepbabiigrl4eva Senior Member