Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Gray's Anatomy - Analysis of Shyam's Behavior! (Page 3)

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
OMG this is actually creepy!! btw awesome work!!

anyway Shyam shows almost every one of these characteristics!!omg i think the CVs have penned him using an analogy such as this cz it fits to a T to the character they have build up!!whoaa!!

seriously unless and until Khushi reveals the truth to Arnav there is danger lurking around..anyway she lessened the risk of the problem now as he family knows about everything..
one more thing strength in numbers certainly apply when dealing with a psychopath..cz it is safer to deal the more people who r aware of his falling out the better!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SillyPeppersbk2

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cindrella255

Originally posted by sbk2

Sharmi!

My God..you're up this early? Ya phir sone hi nahin gayi?!

As far as mental balance is concerned, he's pretty smart. He knows how to cover his tracks...it is because of the Payash alliance happening out of nowhere that he got caught.

The truth is that in reality we read a lot about people getting away with deceit and cheating.

Shyam has no reason to pursue other women - he has a wife at home who worships the ground he walks on, loves him unconditionally and ignores his shortcomings.
But yet, here he is - not only lusting after someone else, but also committing other crimes and almost murdering Shashi! He's deranged and has no conscience.

Thanks for replying Ella Bella...Hug

Nah! my sleep was disturbed and logged 2 check
Do u think he has got?! I don't think Swetshy...I remember him beating a rickshawala black n blue...agitated for Anjali telling dat she wanted to make Khushi tie him rakhi...
He ws in no way normal...He can turn dangerous anytime...
How did he think he can get away with bigamy in same city...forget Payash, she works for Raizada, friendly too, won't she invite them for marriage?!

True...there was another point in that original checklist about Psychopaths being over confident and cocky...they think they are invincible and cannot be beaten at their game.
Maybe that is why he did not anticipate getting caught.

But yes, how could he even think that he could get away with it?! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SillyPepper

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
@ MrDarcyfan: Thanks for posting!

Originally posted by princessunara

OMG this is actually creepy!! btw awesome work!!

anyway Shyam shows almost every one of these characteristics!!omg i think the CVs have penned him using an analogy such as this cz it fits to a T to the character they have build up!!whoaa!!

seriously unless and until Khushi reveals the truth to Arnav there is danger lurking around..anyway she lessened the risk of the problem now as he family knows about everything..
one more thing strength in numbers certainly apply when dealing with a psychopath..cz it is safer to deal the more people who r aware of his falling out the better!

Thanks Princess!

So far Shyam has been saccharine sweet to Khushi...who knows how he will behave with her in the future? He's a dangerous person who can resort to any tactics to have his own way.
LuvShuv Senior Member
LuvShuv
LuvShuv

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Illuminating post, sbk2!

An element to Shyam's character pathology is the aspect of living at the edge--extreme intensity and taking wild risks.
I recall one scene when KKG was talking about how so much had gone wrong for her in Delhi, he said, "but, you have lived and have experienced!" And, there was another scene, where he says something to Shashi while tormenting him, that made me feel that Shyam really got off on risky behaviour. And, as they say, when there is no danger to be found, such people will manufacture it. Anjali is a lovely wifey--but she is quite boring. KKG has energy, zest, vitality--I see how she would appeal to man like Shyam.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

spsharmilasbk2

DTeacher Senior Member
DTeacher
DTeacher

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged

Hmmm. 

Difficult one this to answer honestly. Confused

One would need to observe and question/test the patient on a one-to-one basis over a period of time before declaring such a strongly defined statement. It's easy for us to recognise (or at least assume to...) certain tendencies or characteristics we might associate with a psychopath but the truth is that it is a complex field and it would be too easy for us to attach a label without truly understanding the intricacies of such a blunt declaration.

Shyam is certainly egocentric and displays worrying signs of selfishness and lack of moral fibre. There are one or two other 'indications' which others have alluded to, which allow me to state the following, but it is incumbent upon me to categorically state that this is not an accurate evaluation of what is, after all, a fictional character in a TV serial. LOL

Nevertheless, I would hazard a guess (note: only a guess or supposition and that merely to answer a hypothetical question on a fan forum, asked by a buddie LOL) that Shyam may have a narcissistic personality disorder.

You'll have to make do with that for now, my dear friend Shweta! Wink 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nithi-SillyPeppersbk2

sbk2 IF-Sizzlerz
sbk2
sbk2

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DTeacher

Hmmm. 

Difficult one this to answer honestly. Confused

One would need to observe and question/test the patient on a one-to-one basis over a period of time before declaring such a strongly defined statement. It's easy for us to recognise (or at least assume to...) certain tendencies or characteristics we might associate with a psychopath but the truth is that it is a complex field and it would be too easy for us to attach a label without truly understanding the intricacies of such a blunt declaration.

Shyam is certainly egocentric and displays worrying signs of selfishness and lack of moral fibre. There are one or two other 'indications' which others have alluded to, which allow me to state the following, but it is incumbent upon me to categorically state that this is not an accurate evaluation of what is, after all, a fictional character in a TV serial. LOL

Nevertheless, I would hazard a guess (note: only a guess or supposition and that merely to answer a hypothetical question on a fan forum, asked by a buddie LOL) that Shyam may have a narcissistic personality disorder.

You'll have to make do with that for now, my dear friend Shweta! Wink 

Oh Wow! Perhaps I need to add a disclaimer in the post that it is my personal opinion and has not been approved by the International Association for Psychological Science...

Thanks for your insightful reply!

Edit: Added a disclaimer at the top...don't want anyone getting off the deep end of a post made solely for entertainment and discussion among friends...Smile

Edited by sbk2 - 13 December 2011 at 5:35pm
DammitASR Groupbie
DammitASR
DammitASR

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
Nice work Shweta.

I am wondering what DSM IV criteria (stands for Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 4th Edition. used to  diagnose such disorders in the USA ) would fit ODB. He certainly is complex enough to warrant an thorough analysis.

@ DTeacher: Care to weigh in?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

currentVistaaSillyPeppersbk2

nyxx IF-Sizzlerz
nyxx
nyxx

Posted: 13 December 2011 at 5:31pm | IP Logged
Looking at your title, I thought you were going to write about McSteamy or Mcdreamy! lol!

However, youre analysis of that Snakewa is bingo and perfectly correct! He is a pyshco for sure, and eventually, all his layers or symptoms you can say will be peeled off for us to see. I dont have much to add here because youve said it all and also, others who have commented here. 

I still remember in the intial episodes the entire fiasco of Shyam being Khushis brother and all, but I always knew that this dude would never be just that. Right from episode one, he was way too sugar coated, and as time went by, the indications of him being this pyscho were seen. He still irks and creeps me out, and probably always will.

Im sure if the CVs do come across this post, they'll be grateful and might even take a few ideas or two. lol! Unless, theyve done the research as well.

Nice post Shweta! :)

- Dee

Edited by nyxx - 13 December 2011 at 5:35pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nithi-SillyPeppersbk2

Go to top