Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Indian Politicians Should Know English! (Page 5)

Dazlingflower Senior Member
Dazlingflower
Dazlingflower

Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:13pm | IP Logged
[OF WHAT COUNTRY....you forgot to mention..yes it had achieved International language.

Our leadrs should learn to speak Hindi first. Still some of them cannot express them in proper hindi. TO me that is more important. to represent country you should atleast know that country's language. English will b e a plus but not requirement

[/QUOTE]

Well saidClap.  Sometimes I get so fearful because our Indian young generation lacks that passion towards their own country and culture. Loving your culture doesn't end at wearing Indian clothes or watching Indian movies. There is a difference between NEED and Requirement of knowing English. Western countries have left no option for us. We are a third world country and we need To learn English in order to advance.

Learning a new language is always good, but in India's case, It was forced on us. You can call it a better deal of bargain because n ow we can get jobs in GREAT AMERICA over chinese people...according to some people. I wonder...was it worth it?

I hope one day India becomes so advance that we can be like France. Our youth doesn't have to travel outside the country to look for jobs. I think America has seen all the success it needed to see. Every country goes through highs and lows, America is now under 8.3 trillion debt. Majority of the manufacturing jobs have moved to India, China, and Malasyia.  Many of my Indian friends have migrated back to India for better job ooprtunity...not in big numbers, but trend has started. Many Americans are too slow to notice this...They are too busy fighting immigration and Iraq war.

Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 9:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dazlingflower

[OF WHAT COUNTRY....you forgot to mention..yes it had achieved International language.

Our leadrs should learn to speak Hindi first. Still some of them cannot express them in proper hindi. TO me that is more important. to represent country you should atleast know that country's language. English will b e a plus but not requirement

Well saidClap.  Sometimes I get so fearful because our Indian young generation lacks that passion towards their own country and culture. Loving your culture doesn't end at wearing Indian clothes or watching Indian movies. There is a difference between NEED and Requirement of knowing English. Western countries have left no option for us. We are a third world country and we need To learn English in order to advance.

Learning a new language is always good, but in India's case, It was forced on us. You can call it a better deal of bargain because n ow we can get jobs in GREAT AMERICA over chinese people...according to some people. I wonder...was it worth it?

I hope one day India becomes so advance that we can be like France. Our youth doesn't have to travel outside the country to look for jobs. I think America has seen all the success it needed to see. Every country goes through highs and lows, America is now under 8.3 trillion debt. Majority of the manufacturing jobs have moved to India, China, and Malasyia.  Many of my Indian friends have migrated back to India for better job ooprtunity...not in big numbers, but trend has started. Many Americans are too slow to notice this...They are too busy fighting immigration and Iraq war.

[/QUOTE]

There is a phrase in Sanskrit..KOOPMANDOOK  KOOP=Well  Mandook =Frog..means that to a frog living inside a well is the whole world. He has no clue of outside world. This is pretty much the case with US. I hate to admit but i have turned in oe of them too. I really am not aware of much news outside. We used to love newspaper in India but now I hate the very sight of it in US> you have to juggle through it and  a majority of US  goes through paper for coupons. I am really happy for India as it is progressing faster. just hope our youth can be fair and not corrupt as our past leader (Present too )

sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swar_Raj

There is a phrase in Sanskrit..KOOPMANDOOK KOOP=Well Mandook =Frog..means that to a frog living inside a well is the whole world. He has no clue of outside world. This is pretty much the case with US.

Clap I totally agree with you about situation in US right now.
Dazlingflower Senior Member
Dazlingflower
Dazlingflower

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sowmyaa

[QUOTE=Swar_Raj]

There is a phrase in Sanskrit..KOOPMANDOOK  KOOP=Well  Mandook =Frog..means that to a frog living inside a well is the whole world. He has no clue of outside world. This is pretty much the case with US.

Thta's how I feel too. After living in this countrry for 15 years, I have realized that as well. People are living here in a well and that's the world they know. In punjabi we call it ," Khu Da Daddu?"LOL Similia to what you wrote.. I guess these daddus feel important because rest of the world  jump into these well for better future and these daddus feel proud.

Swar_Raj IF-Dazzler
Swar_Raj
Swar_Raj

Posted: 31 May 2006 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
I Agree Abhijeet ..but it can only be chaged by changing it in our home and in school. other wise there is no hope.
I remeber in one episode of Antakshari..Anu Kapoor asked a question about father of Nation and (It was kids special) kids only looked at each other. They had no clue. Anu Kapoor was really loosing his patience on that and Pallavi Joshi kind of calmed him down and told kids too that they should know about our history too.
syrene Goldie
syrene
syrene

Posted: 03 June 2006 at 4:42am | IP Logged
To begin with we cannot compare India with Germany, France, China etc....because India is not at all like those countries...we are just too dang diverse.. To millions of Indians who live in the South and North East, Hindi is as much an alien language as English! But thats another debate for another day! To come back to the point I strongly believe politicians should know Hindi if only because that will ensure a certain minimum level of education in our politicians which is sadly lacking now... if even to get a job as a peon in a govt office you need an HSC cerificate shouldnt people who run the govt have some kind of minimum educational qualification?

Go to top