Frequent Posters

zara_123 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
no every one should know hindi and urdu he he he 😆 😉   ðŸ˜‰ 😆
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sweet_51_girl

YES!!! beacause its international lanuage...... if the international lang. would have been hindi..... i would have said no!!!!

My question to you, English seekhne se kya hoga? Will they suddenly become better leaders? Will it enhance our international standing? What will it do?

Leaders of China/Japan never speak a word of English even at international forums...and see how much respect they get.

zoya786uk thumbnail
Solid snake the fact is that you have to learn english as it iz an international language, in school we also learn other languages such as french, german etc. We learn these sort of languages because these are developed countries, if you want to develop your country leaders will have to be able to know english because its not developed country leaders that will come to leaders of pakistan and india ( developing countries) get me
SolidSnake thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoya786uk

Solid snake the fact is that you have to learn english as it iz an international language, in school we also learn other languages such as french, german etc. We learn these sort of languages because these are developed countries, if you want to develop your country leaders will have to be able to know english because its not developed country leaders that will come to leaders of pakistan and india ( developing countries) get me

But our leaders since Pt.Jawaharlal Nehru have been well versed in English, our IITs/IIMs/Public schools/Civil Services/Judiciary/Armed Forces have been using English (only) since inception. Have we become developed? Only a small % of population is reaping all the benefits.

Why should we have our jobs/education in English? Shouldn't it be in our languages. English can be taught as a language only.

zoya786uk thumbnail
Originally posted by: SolidSnake

But our leaders since Pt.Jawaharlal Nehru have been well versed in English, our IITs/IIMs/Public schools/Civil Services/Judiciary/Armed Forces have been using English (only) since inception. Have we become developed? Only a small % of population is reaping all the benefits.

Why should we have our jobs/education in English? Shouldn't it be in our languages. English can be taught as a language only.

i mean hw cum india is still a developing country, there must be a reason coz the goverment isnt using the money rightfully. explain further on m8t dont knw much about india but in the uk everything is paid through tax so each citezen that is able to contribute pays for stuff like health educatiob etc

Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sowmyaa hun, another interesting one huh-

Yeah, I think knowing English helps a great deal if one is representing India on an international platform, whoever that person might be, politician, diplomat or armed forces personnell. Why just English, I think they should be trained to speak more than just English, maybe Chinese too.

To all those that ask why, I ask why not?

For those politicians that connect more with the rural masses of India, I dont know if knowing English really helps that much, it sure wouldnt hurt. They should most definitely know the language of the region to represent those people. And hopefully know whatever other language if need be, Hindi or English, whatever works, to present their case in parliment or assembly.

Should these people know English at the expense of an Indian language

I think not

The leader I vote for should be able to communicate with me first. He or she represents me, my case-

But my point is when a boy or girl can work so hard to become an Indian Idol (sorry having been following this lately, Karunya rocks) and getting their Hindi diction right

why can't a leader who represents me in Parliment (especially at the national level) put in some effort and learn a language for my vote and holy moses- atleast get literate first.

zoya786uk thumbnail
we all knw dt to progress u have to knw english der iz no point even debating dis coz its the way the system wrks ennit
Morgoth thumbnail
IMO, common language can help people connect quicker. Extra knowledge is an asset. Learning something new does not equate to "betrayal" towards one's mother tongue.

If Sonia Gandhi can learn Hindi, why can't politicians learn English? Obviously, this is not a mandate as we have translators in foreign meetings, but would it not be an added advantage for a person to know the language and make a point effectively rather than to depend on translation, which may distort/soften the original impact of the sentence?

Learning English does not give it a higher status than our own languages. It is just a matter of perception.
Miss-kiss thumbnail
nope! i dont think so y do ppl always put english as the best launguage y is english the unversial lauguage, y not hindi or urdu, y is it that if u dont need english in america u are called a fob but if u dont know hindi in india u are called smart and intelligent person that comes from usa,, y is english any better than hindi??? the only reason english is so famous is becouse people who speak it(usa britain etc) they have power and its like there setting a fashion trend and we have to fallow that y dont we not fallow trends we should set them.
SolidSnake thumbnail

It was ok for us to use English in begining years after independence but ab to hadh hi ho gayi hai....

Why should it be given an official language status? - It must immedietely be revoked.

Why should all official work be done in English? - It should be done in Hindi and the Regional Language of that state.

Why should be English only study medium in our Engineering/Medical/Higher courses? - Gradually Hindi (alongwith regional languages) must be used as a medium. Do France/Japan/China/Germany etc use English as a medium?

Why should a job in an Indian company in India require its employees to speak fluent English? Aur kahin duniya mein aisa hota hai (does it happen anywhere else in the world)?

Hence gradually English must be erased from our psyche and our day-to-day life.

More than SC/ST/OBC reservation, implementing Hindi/Regional Languages and discarding English would do a lot more for upliftment of poor and weaker sections of the society. Currently English is a BIG hurdle for them....all IIT/IIM/IPS/IFS/IAS/Management/Engineering/Medical seats go to public school alumanis and to get a good job one must know English. How will a poor, whose parents managed to get him/her educated from a Govt School...however talented he/she must be, compete with those privileged ones.

Our Freedom Fighter fought bitterly for independence, lakhs gave life...only to see that we continue to use English even after 50 years of independence. Shame on us.

It should have been done decades ago. Agar hamein sabko aage lekar chalna hai to yeh karna hi hoga....otherwise you will continue to have 10% of population grab everything...