Views

Users

Frequent Posters

madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Shantibai ji, u r so concerned about my dil.. i am touched 😈
gv_rao thumbnail
i think both hemu and karu are equally good. they both have a good knowledge of music but in my opinion hemu is a bit better. still karu is as equally good. 😃
ummm thumbnail

My thoughts -

Voice (manliness, tonal quality, weight) : Hema 👍🏼

Diction / Clarity of speech: Karunya 👍🏼

Originality in singing : Hema 👍🏼

Sur control / ease / singing talent: Karunya 👍🏼

Feeling : Both in the same boat

Creativity : Can't decide, as Hema had help from AS, and Karunya probably had help from the II Music teacher(s)

Originally posted by: ummm

On what all points (like sur, voice, originality, ease, diction, feeling etc) did you compare the two to come up with the percentages?

Originally posted by: summercool

Thanks for giving the criteria.
YES in all of the above Hema deserved the percentages.
I do agree in some other songs the diction was a problem for hema but not all songs.
HEMA   👏
you can also compare the songs and tell me.
can you..

madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ummm

My thoughts -

Voice (manliness, tonal quality, weight) : Hema 👍🏼

Diction / Clarity of speech: Karunya 👍🏼

Originality in singing : Hema 👍🏼

Sur control / ease / singing talent: Karunya 👍🏼

Feeling : Both in the same boat

Creativity : Can't decide, as Hema had help from AS, and Karunya probably had help from the II Music teacher(s)

Agree with all except feeling, I think Hemu sings with more feeling than Karunya.. just a small segment more..he makes a song sound like its own..like he has done more harkatein to the songs than Karunya who sticks a lot to how the original song has been sung...

another thing.. i dont think AS helped hemu with the creativity bit.. i think his mom did..because AS said in one show tat all he has helped with hemu is to fine tune his performance..the singing bit is totally handled by his mom...

madhavi_r108 thumbnail
Originally posted by: mr_shrao

If you have heard Hema from the begining of SRGMP you will definitely fell in love with him. He is so good in all types of songs and a very nice person. I liked karunya in his first song of II and I liked it. But, he didn't leave upto my expectations in further rounds of II. Hema was good in all rounds except one where he missed the track. What also makes me uncomfortable with karunya is
   a) Never heard him singing songs with feeling. He sings only high pitch songs.
   b) judges praise him too much and I feel he didnt deserve that much appreciation.

He sings high pitched songs because they are his strength... he needs votes.. Hemu also never sang songs like Ramta Jogi, eh sang a lot more softer songs because those were his strength... at the end of the day its about votes...

about judges praisin him.. well he deserves it on tat platform.. luk at the other contestants.. he is class apart... n besides.. he does get critisicm when he isnt good..

ans for hemu being more humble, i think its because hemu is younger than karu... initially i thought hemu did look older..but then hemu clearly luks younger than karu.. u can make out tat in his mannerisms..his excitement is evident.. n its cute ! karunya is very humble too... i remember after singin layi vi na gayi..the way he just paid obeisances to the audience who clapped..

but he seems more focused and determined to win than hemu..hemu was never scared of losin, even in tat episode when they said their worse fears, he was like i am scared of defeat, i am not scared of losin this competition, but i am scared of fumblin in front of my mom.. that showed tat he really wasn't concerned about the result..for him he just wanted to showcase his talent..ofcourse he'd want to win..but it wuldnt be the end ofthe world for him...

karunya seems more focussed.. n keen to win this competition, almost like he wants to prove a point.. n i hope he wins too..he genuinely deserves it..

another thing about hemu missin the track..till today i dont think it was so bad.. when he said that Bachna in between, it sounded like a part of the song!! it wasnt such a sin for which he was sooo apologetic, he goes like 'mere bahut kharaab gaya tha'..  i was like itna bhi bura nahin gaya.. he sang well.. i think hemu has a really gud assessment of his capabilities.. like he knew how far he was gonna get in this competition... like even when he was in danger after tat saathiya performance, he was relaxed as compared to paresh or twinkle..coz he knew tat he culdnt get out after singin saathiya... and in the nihira elimniation episode..his mom says 'now he has to work hard'.. i think till then it was just him being himself..but after tat..it was his hard work.. and i must say from then came some of his best performances, tanhayee, tumse milke, ramta jogi, vande mataram, and ofcourse the famed nahin saamne..

karunya too seems to kno his talents n his strengths.. i can see him workin now..tryin to make a difference..tryin to get votes..which is good..

knwoin ur strenghts n weakness is half battle won..

wishin karu all the luck !