Saat Phere (Saath Phere)

Would be nice if....

maaloo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Saath Phere started out as a serial which could be easily accepted and identified with by many of us. Biased behavior 'cos of the color of the skin, casteism etc., is very much prevalent and a serial bringing out these issues was very welcome.
It would have been so nice, if the directors/producers of the serial had taken postive steps to tackle the biases by showing that being dark-skinned is not a sin and that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder...(which they did put forth so beautifully as Nahar falls for Saloni at first sight and the chemistry between Saloni and Nahar is awesome).
They could have shown how Nahar and his unbiased love helps Saloni become a person in her own right or even fight agianst the prejudices of the society.
Instead they are making it more of a rona-dhona type of affair where the underdog always gets belittled, and with the stereo-typical vamps in the form of Kaveri (till date can't understand her problem) and Aditi (who doesn't practice what she preaches) and now are showing that Nahar too in a bad light...
I sincerely hope that the producers of the serial are introduced to this forum, wherein they really can understand what the people think and what they expect from the serial...
Just my thoughts after reading today's India update... which by the way is really good and thanks for sharing it with all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mom22ds thumbnail
i totally agree with u....
all the serials have similar story line, initially it used to be extra-marital affairs, now they have moved to pre-marital sex, & young girls getting pregnant. On top of everything, there has to have a character like Kaveri, which i don't understand WHY??
They started with a nice theme, & could have stayed to it, Nahar & Saloni look good when they r happy together. i hope they soon move over to something nice.

ninaatwal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
They should have stayed on the storey line that ordinary girls have a right to live happlily.I do not know what the director is thinking, Nahar and saloni looked so good togather. I makees me cry 😭 when saloni is always getting into trouble. I think saloni should move away from all this and stand as an successful independent women or make them work at their wedding vows.   πŸ˜‘ Really mad at Nahar the way he is treaing saloni. He married her against all odds and should trust her now too but i guess every leopard have spots and he is showing his.
bsingapury thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i also agree with all of you this producers and writer only have bad things for main caracter cann't they shaw us that bad person never win so we will also gain our trust for god things. now whenever setuation arise we have all nagaative thoughts for people and also we have lost trust from people because of all thsi series . i likes this drama because the happeness saloni was getting but now i think this series also going towards that tipicall dramas going on . if this is contineu than i don't thin so i will be able to tolrate this sereil as other are non tolrable . we need somethign new from all this some thing fresh like main caracter should be happy not vamps 😑
rangi1222 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i agree with u .when a show starts ,producer and director tries to make it interesting so they can make it more popular,.after some time they are making up the things to stretch it.they should try to do the things that will possible in real life.
Saregama_fan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I TOTALLY AGREE!! These shows start of being so realistic and everyone at some level can identify with them, and then who knows what they turn into 😑 . What I don't understand why is it that the evil person is always the smartest, and present everywhere. And why do the directors always have that one person that ruins everyone's life, why can't they be normal realistic circumstances that the protaganist has to deal with, such as the one saath phere had started with, colour discrimination!!!! instead of some super evil sister-in-law who knows everything 😑

Edited by Saregama_fan - 18 years ago
Saregama_fan thumbnail
o ya, and one thing i would really like to see is...

The main character, SALONI WIPE HER TEARS, STAND UP FOR HERSELF AND NOT APPOLOGISE (spelling 😳 ) TO ANYONE FOR THAT. tell everyone, women are not weaklings that just cry when faced with a problem but can stand up for themselves.
ramas thumbnail
I agree with saregam fan.saloni needs to stand up for herself rather than crying and taking crape from people. Why can she learn from Tara or Kaveri to control Nahar. She doesn't need to appologize for everyone's bad behavior. . In the real world though evil always wins. Good people suffer. If a woman try she can take over the world. I do hate the storylines where lead woman always have to cry why can't they give her happiness in her married life. kaveri needs to be killed instantly.
Saregama_fan thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramas

I agree with saregam fan.saloni needs to stand up for herself rather than crying and taking crape from people. Why can she learn from Tara or Kaveri to control Nahar. She doesn't need to appologize for everyone's bad behavior. . In the real world though evil always wins. Good people suffer. If a woman try she can take over the world. I do hate the storylines where lead woman always have to cry why can't they give her happiness in her married life. kaveri needs to be killed instantly.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†luv thatπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Darlyne thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I agree 100%. There is an indian zee tv site,
zee-tv.com and if you go under programs and serial, I beleive there is a link where you can post your comments. May producer and director are connected to the sight. Other thing is to send an e-mail to zee tv and request to give these comments to producers and directors.