Some Mature Talk (Not Naughty)

HeadOverHeels thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
There have been quite a number of threads on this forum about ArHi's relationship, and specially that of ASR's behavior towards it, and like all love stories, people want the hero to realize his feelings, confess first, woo the girl and then save her from the evil villain blah blah blah.

My question is, do people really approve of all that is shown, and continues to be shown in dramas? Innocent young girl living a hard life, going through more downs, and never enough ups, meeting a hard, cold man, who treats her like rubbish, then gradually softens towards her, and marries her because of a few solid eye locks and little to no conversation?

People were hard, VERY hard on the anti-hero (ASR) in IPK (although now it's all "Awww he's so sweet" ðŸ˜†) - But, as females do you really approve of the female lead having to go through all of that to only get a man in the end?  Does it really make people swoon? I'm really curious.
Edited by HeadOverHeels - 12 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I hate it! I don't understand why they can't show a strong woman who has goals in life apart from finding a hunky guy to hook up with. And also all this self-sacrificing thing that the leads often have going on. No! Be a little bit selfish for once, it won't make you a horrible person!
HeadOverHeels thumbnail

Originally posted by: nayika

I hate it! I don't understand why they can't show a strong woman who has goals in life apart from finding a hunky guy to hook up with. And also all this self-sacrificing thing that the leads often have going on. No! Be a little bit selfish for once, it won't make you a horrible person!

Exactly! What gets to me the most is some of the audience approval which comes with it. "Oh she's having a rough time, now he should SAVE her." - Um what? ðŸ˜•
ItsPearl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
If I were in place of Khushi, I wouldn't have given a shit towards a man like ASR, especially when he was a stranger.. but if circumstances unfolded like they are in the current track, yes I would give him a chance.. surely..

The track might sound illogical in the beginning, I won't say it makes perfect sense even now, but it feels goodie-goodie and of course the characters don't mind the slightest, because, whatever, they know themselves that its fictional...!!! Nothing from what they are showing can happen in realily..!
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I don't approve of it at all.

Times have changed,people need to change their thinking.why does the herione has to face itna rona dhona in the first place?It's beyond my understanding.
She's 18,if i am not wrong.Trust me,i am 18!& i go self fish,mean,rude if the other person is treating me like rubbish!!But as the heiones are mahaan,they bear all the crap.What for?Cheesy eye-locks at the end of the day🤪

My first drama was Kasturi.The day i started watching indian soaps,all i have seen is crying heriones,rude boss😕.Rude is an understatement,Anyways i am not a very big fan of two extremes.I would be more happy if both the leads are like normal human beings facing normal day to day ups and downs😉
Edited by meepha - 12 years ago
Targaryen thumbnail
i think the reason is that in reality you won't find a guy who 'saves' you every time and people atleast want to see a caring and saving guy on tv. i mean all the serials and movies are not reality and are just to please the people. so the CVs show the people what they want to see: a strong guy who always ends up saving the girl

and when it comes to me. i must say i am a strong girl and manage many things myself and i am SAFE without a need of a guy.

but i would really really be the happy if some boy would come and 'save' me all the time. i would find it too too cute when a boy would worry for me like ASR did today for khushi.

But all in all i don't find it romantic or even cute if a guy marries a girl just to save her 'dignity'
i mean i just don't like it when ppl start all rubbish about all this virtue talk about a girl. 
i can just puke.

in this aspect the CVs have to change and show us a modernized  girl who can fight for herself without the sacrifises and all that rona!!

Edited by loveydovey - 12 years ago

Originally posted by: HeadOverHeels

Exactly! What gets to me the most is some of the audience approval which comes with it. "Oh she's having a rough time, now he should SAVE her." - Um what? ðŸ˜•

I know, she shouldn't need a man to save her! As much as I like scenes of Arnav and Khushi, I would much rather prefer it if Khushi managed to save herself from a situation without needing the assistance of a man.

Initially I hated the fact that Khushi went to train Lavanya because seriously could she not have a found a job somewhere else in the entire of Delhi? (Obviously they needed it to happen that way for more Arnav/Khushi scenes)
BlueSoul thumbnail
It does not matter whether what is shown is correct or incorrect. When has anyone given a thought about it anyways. People even like Big Boss Tamasha. Everyone wants entertainment, given in any form/format.

When it comes to teens, they prefer just the cuteee (read as cute), adorable (read as awww), Lowe (read as Love) etc scenes.. the list is very long :P 

I'm sure if the same story was given to any decent actor, the pair would have become Hot/Sizzling with burning chemistry in a few days. And the male lead will be termed as a Greek God with unbelievable talent and the female lead will be termed as the cutest actress of all times. Its not about Barun, Gurmeet, KSG or any actor, but simply anyone can make the teens go Awww these days.

The silliest of silliest drama can also get TRP's. You just have to show some love scenes (not even realistic). There will be 150 page long thread just on a simple expression given by the male lead, or how a mole on his left cheek looks so *YUMMY*

You give them a teen love story and they'll go gaga over it. Literally swoon over it. 

P.S: My POV which I know is a fact. And, I like these actors.
mahamluvsbs thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
uknw in reality people like asr dont exist !  and girls like khushi dont exist its just like a fairy tale thingy , mills n boons no wonder its fiction !
HeadOverHeels thumbnail

Originally posted by: loveydovey

i think the reason is that in reality you won't find a guy who 'saves' you every time and people atleast want to see a caring and saving guy on tv. i mean all the serials and movies are not reality and are just to please the people. so the CVs show the people what they want to see: a strong guy who always ends up saving the girl

And he saves her from crap. That's exactly my point... People want to see women treated like crap just so she can be saved. It's utter rubbish, and not at all romantic. Burning buildings are fine, not saving a girl's virtue, or saving her from "shame" 

Besides, ASR was never a strong man. An angry man, yes, but strong? No. His strength is only just starting to shine through.