Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar

Wild Card Jodi is Prajkata and Hriskesh!

himani_vinit thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Ek Main Aur Ek Tu goes the Challenge way

Trouble's brewing on the sets of Zee's Ek Main Aur Ek Tu!

Prajakta (in white skirt),her husband Hrishikesh (in dark blue shirt)in the Ek Main..shoot

If one thought that the controversies on Challenge 2005 was the ultimate in what we call 'reality drama' then, it's recently launched sibling, Ek Main...seems to have gone a step further!

During the Ek Main...shoot on 20 March there was a tiff between the participants and the wild card jodi, Prajakta and Hrishikesh. The cause of the spat being, the wild card couple was also a couple in real life. The other contestants thought the couple had an unfair advantage since they were married in real life and have a natural chemistry between them which is the most important element as far as singing duets are concerned.

The drama unfolded as the judges on the show, Hariharan and Leslie Lewis made the wild card couple partners on the show. This was a cause for concern for the other couples who had no say over the choice of partners for them. Although the judges considered their concern and decided to review their decision, they stuck to their previous judgement finally when Prajakta broke down.

Director, Gajendra Singh had to give in and decided to separate the couple which did not go down well with the pair since Hrishilesh wanted to share the stage with his wife only.

"The couple wanted to sing together but the participants refused to let do so! So, we had to split them. Prajakta sang with a contestant but was unhappy about it. Finally the judges let them sing together," says Singh.

"We will choose a pair in Ek Main...which will not simply look good together but who have the singing ability,chemistry and smooth co-ordination with each other," continues Singh.

This episode will be aired on 23 March.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prash123 thumbnail
Who is prajakata and Hrishikesh? Any one know about these ppl? I never heard these names b4.
ranig thumbnail
They both were previous SRGMP winners who fell in love and got married.
~RexKiRani~ thumbnail
woooooooo who are they ppl..they shud get old ppl from srgmp..
bollywood_queen thumbnail
thanx 4 the info...i remember hrishikesh from previous srgmp contests (but not prajakta 😕 )

y do these people have to make such a fuss?! just let them b together...yea it's true that they'r at a slight advantage due to the chemistry...but at the end of the day this is about the singing...im sure most people will agree that the best duets of all time have been sung by mohammed rafi and lata mangeshkar...i don't think that roopkumar rathod and sonali rathod can even compare despite being a real life couple!

btw- im not comparing the contestants to rafi sahab and lataji!...just trying to make a point that real life chemistry doesn't make that much of a difference! ...it's the singing talent that really matters 😉Edited by bollywood_queen - 18 years ago
prash123 thumbnail
Is this Hrishikesh ranade? I remember he was SRGMp winner. Is he the same? if not then who and wahat year he was the winner?
ranig thumbnail
Hrishikesh, the winner of Zee TV's recently concluded Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 'World Series' and Popular Choice Mega Final.

Prajakta Joshi, the winner of 'Talent 2000' and 'Mega Final 2001' of the former Sa Re Ga Ma schedule of Zee TV. She is also the Nargis Dutt Award recipient as the 'Best Upcoming Artist of the Year'.

I believe they definitely have an advantage. They obviously have a comfort level and are evidently good singers.

donthavealife thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i thot winners cud not come back to compete in SRGMP..that is so unfair..they absolutely have an davantage..and why were they included even..all the rest are freom Challenge 2005..did they bribe zee pp lto put them in...why all of a sudden Gajendra Singh had a vision to include them..wat was the reason..
Dancnballa23 thumbnail
The C2005 contestants are in deep sushi now.......
sweety001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yes both of them are very good singers they will beat out all the rest!