ThE_kHan07 IF-Rockerz
ThE_kHan07
ThE_kHan07

Posted: 29 March 2005 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Pooja: A 'seedy' saadi girl
   March 29, 2005

Shama Sikander
as the homely Pooja in Ye Meri Life Hai
Shama Sikander, the actress who plays miss goody-two-shoes in Sony's daily Ye Meri Life Hai, has a seedy past in B-grade films that she'd rather forget about. And we don't blame her.

Starting out as an aspiring movie actress at 15, the young teen from Rajasthan debuted as the second lead in the Fardeen Khan-starrer Prem Aggan.

After that, she did a cameo in the Aamir Khan-starrer Mann, before graduating to B-grade flicks like Ansh (with Milind Gunaji), Patth (with Sharad Kapoor), Pardesi Re (with Ashutosh Rana) and Basti (with Faisal Khan).

In fact, Basti (released in 2003) was one of her bolder films, in which she plays Faisal Khan's love interest. What's more, she probably would have stolen Mallika Sherawat's thunder in Khwahish, had her film been given more publicity. Or had she brashly spewed saucy quotes la Madame S.

While we have nothing against on-screen kiss-fests and actors who are open to puckering up, we couldn't resist giving our readers a peek at the other side of Pooja's wholesome screen image!

How did she transform herself from the rain drenched, sex-kitten of Basti, to the simple and unassuming Pooja of Ye Meri Life Hai?

"I have always been a simple girl so it wasn't difficult playing Pooja," said Shama, who has also done a host of music videos with Harbhajan Maan and Abhijeet.

When we quizzed the actress on her past, she was gracious but not exactly forthcoming about her filmi career. In fact, she didn't even talk about Basti until we posed the question about whether she would be comfortable doing bold films and smooching on screen.

Said Shama, "I'm not really comfortable with all this. Unless and until it's really important to the script, I'm not open to it."

Then how does she explain her dare-bare scenes in Basti? "That was hardly a kissing scene. It was just a small shot with a small kiss on the lips.

There was no smooching involved. I wasn't comfortable doing that scene at all, but it wasn't planned. It was decided on the spot and I couldn't say anything," said Shama casually, not fazed in the least.

A peck on the lips or a smooch-fest in full swing, we'll let the pictures do the talking in this one!

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 29 March 2005 at 2:01pm

samie IF-Rockerz
samie
samie

Posted: 29 March 2005 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
hey whod wanna kiss faisal khan he is a carbon copy of his brother
poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 29 March 2005 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
omg................. pooja making out with someone on-screen!! i cant picture that!!! ewwwwwwww!! wats with u shama??
~LiL*PrInCeZ~ IF-Sizzlerz
~LiL*PrInCeZ~
~LiL*PrInCeZ~

--

Posted: 29 March 2005 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
lol yea i agree wit wat both samie n poison ivy said.ewwww
dizshygurl Newbie
dizshygurl
dizshygurl

Posted: 29 March 2005 at 5:50pm | IP Logged

hey

the picz are bad...but no big deal it was juz a kissing scence..i still like shame alot...

No Angel Goldie
No Angel
No Angel

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 1:42am | IP Logged
IT'S JUST A KISS!! NO BIG DEAL!!
poison ivy Goldie
poison ivy
poison ivy

Posted: 30 March 2005 at 2:18am | IP Logged

i never said kissing is bad!! i jus think that when ppl openly make out on-screen--thats kinda sick.. ur losing ur respect!!! thats wat i think. i think women should get that respect from all n once she loses it its lost forever,,, i personally dont like mallika sherawat!! i think she's really loud n got no respect for herself. she's using her body to make money.. right now, i think shama is very SEEDHI-SAADHI but i guess if i see any of those b-grade films she did, i'd definatly change my opinion...

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top