Joined: 13 July 2005
Our reporter, Reena Thapar Kapoor will take you where no fan has been before – right into the lives and living rooms of your favourite celebrities. Get set for classified information
Reena Thapar Kapoor
• He calls himself a typical townie, and gives us strong reason to believe him: "Being a downtown boy, I cannot stand the sight of an autorickshaw," he complains. Actor Abhay Vakil, who plays a double role in Zee TV's Paalkhi, has more to his personality than he lets show on screen. On a bright Monday morning, Abhay gives us a glimpse of the man behind the character
1] 101 DALMATIONS
28-year-old Abhay lives with his parents in the sprawling three-bedroom apartment he was born in, at Marine Drive. This is the airy living room, fitted with furniture and artefacts in the Rajasthani tradition. And a bit of canine culture too!
2] CENTRE OF ATTENTION
The Vakils love to pick up bric-a-brac for their flat. Like the unusual centre table (that Abhay seems so fond of), at the far end of the living room. Adjacent to it is a 300-year-old dressing table converted into a half wall unit. Incidentally, this piece of furniture was gifted to Abhay's grandfather by his student. Its exquisite carving and quality of wood is what makes it a true piece of art.
3] SUPERMAN RETURNS
Abhay's obsession with his hero 'Superman' began at the age of five. The wall hanging in his bedroom is only one of the many evidences of this (there are also coffee mugs, T-shirts…). At every event, fancy dress or otherwise, Abhay chose to be dressed like the flying hero. Well, he is a hero today anyway…he's only short of flying.
4] CLEAN SWEEP
Barring the living room, every other room in this house has an attached balcony. This one overlooks the Marine Drive stretch. As a kid, Abhay would run to his balcony for a breather from long hours of study. Even today, when he's all wound up, there's nothing like a hot cuppa chai in his favourite space to make him breathe easy again.
5] CROWNING GLORY
Abhay is not a diligent follower of fashion. "I choose comfort over fashion," he maintains. But when it comes to accessories, he's got it covered. Caps, hats, bandannas... whatever covers his crown is in his closet. Good thing he chose to be an actor, and not a doctor or a cricketer, like he'd earlier planned. His choice of wear would certainly be limited then.
DID YOU KNOW ?
• He became a familiar face after he featured in an alcohol ad with Akshay Kumar
• Abhay has played a young R D Burman in one of Asha Bhonsle's music videos
• He was barely eight when he faced the camera for the first time for a regional show on DD2
• But it was the character of Parth in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki that brought him into the limelight
• He doesn't drink… or smoke
• Pahalgaam in Kashmir is his favourite holiday destination
• He lost out on the chance to make his big Bollwood debut with Subhash Ghai's Kisna, to Vivek Oberoi
• He aims to buy the swanky Harley Davidson, worth Rs. 20 lakhs
• Abhay is a trained magician and has been practising magic since his school days
|Man on the move: Abhay Vakil|
|Reena Thapar Kapoor|
Joined: 13 February 2006
BollyCurry Buzzer, Crazy Creatives
Joined: 10 May 2005
Joined: 17 June 2005
Joined: 01 July 2005
Joined: 22 March 2006
|Topics||Topic Starter||Replies||Views||Last Post|
|Abhay Vakil||QH_DDEJ_Fan||13||998||16 May 2006 at 5:43pm
|pic of galexzee of stars of abhay vakil||BeingSalluPCFan||1||821||20 April 2006 at 1:32pm
|One on One with Abhay Vakil||gk_09||4||1516||24 March 2006 at 11:39pm
|Karishma Tanna And Abhay Vakil||sangeeta_Khushi||21||1711||22 March 2006 at 3:35pm
|abhay vakil will soon gnna be in||BeingSalluPCFan||1||491||23 February 2006 at 2:43pm