Indian Idol 6

India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Karunya should be II2 Idol (Page 5)

Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by svm73

Originally posted by ranig

Yes ankita31. You have caught on. Arrogance(pride) at no cost should be allowed.
Even if it means you are just being honest about your talent.
People are ready to crucify Karunya already. Poor him Cry
It does not matter how talented he is. First, they boost your ego by saying your the best . Then they crush it.

Same thing happened to the trio in SRGMP. Vinit will never live this down no matter how talented he was. The true singers were gone in Srgmp. Debo, the sweet and humble won.

so...here we go again......

Sorry but wrong example there...don't even start on how Debojit won. Best example of how people should not vote. I hate to remember it, but couldn't help it. Don't you remember ? over 3 crore votes from north east most of which he got. Less than 2 crores from north, 75 lakhs from west and a poor 25 lakhs from south, most of which Vinit got....and remember, the margin was very very less. Proves two things - Debojit won only because of NE votes, Vinit did not get voted out because people thought he was not humble. On the contrary, Vinit was more popular than Debo. And if you ask me who the humble and talented ones were, it was Nihira and Hemu, and they were both voted out.

Sandeep may be very innocent and percieved to be more humble, but how does that make Karunya arrogant? If he is arrogant, he would not have survived in II so long. When it is clear that Sandeep and Anuj don't even come close in the singing department, people have started blowing this 'arrogance' thing way, way out of proportion. But as I said before Indian Idol or no Indian Idol, If I see someone having a successful career in playback singing a few years down the line, it is Karunya. Reason, talent and passion for singing.

I am not sure I understand what your trying to say or that you understood what I said.

First of all , I was responding to someone before me so you should have taken it in that context. Plus, I never said Vinit was Humble or compared his humbleness to Nihara or Hema. They are probably more humble. I don't know them personally so I can't say who is more or less.

All I'm saying is that Vinit's walkout wich included Himani and Hema was construed as an arrogant move and that this garnered a lot of votes for Debo and many people who liked these three specifically Vinit started thinking they were arrogant. So they lost votes and Debo gained votes due to this action. Personally , I felt any of the 3 were better singers then Debo.  

Now with Karunya people are doing the same thing. Even though he is more talented they are construing his statement as arrogant. 

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say now.  

lovlina Goldie
lovlina
lovlina

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:48am | IP Logged
And for your kind information the mihir, sujal, arman, karan and tulsi kind of characters are found only in serials not in real life. If you are trying to say that Sandy has only white shades then you need to grow up urgently because nobody is of black and white shades. All of us are in grey shades. Grow up! Grow up! Smile
Gobsmacked IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Sunitha.V Senior Member
Sunitha.V
Sunitha.V

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 6:54am | IP Logged

Originally posted by svm73

Yes ankita31. You have caught on. Arrogance(pride) at no cost should be allowed.
Even if it means you are just being honest about your talent.
People are ready to crucify Karunya already. Poor him Cry
It does not matter how talented he is. First, they boost your ego by saying your the best . Then they crush it.

Same thing happened to the trio in SRGMP. Vinit will never live this down no matter how talented he was. The true singers were gone in Srgmp. Debo, the sweet and humble won.

so...here we go again......

Sorry but wrong example there...don't even start on how Debojit won. Best example of how people should not vote. I hate to remember it, but couldn't help it. Don't you remember ? over 3 crore votes from north east most of which he got. Less than 2 crores from north, 75 lakhs from west and a poor 25 lakhs from south, most of which Vinit got....and remember, the margin was very very less. Proves two things - Debojit won only because of NE votes, Vinit did not get voted out because people thought he was not humble. On the contrary, Vinit was more popular than Debo. And if you ask me who the humble and talented ones were, it was Nihira and Hemu, and they were both voted out.

Sandeep may be very innocent and percieved to be more humble, but how does that make Karunya arrogant? If he is arrogant, he would not have survived in II so long. When it is clear that Sandeep and Anuj don't even come close in the singing department, people have started blowing this 'arrogance' thing way, way out of proportion. But as I said before Indian Idol or no Indian Idol, If I see someone having a successful career in playback singing a few years down the line, it is Karunya. Reason, talent and passion for singing.

I am not sure I understand what your trying to say or that you understood what I said.

First of all , I was responding to someone before me so you should have taken it in that context. Plus, I never said Vinit was Humble or compared his humbleness to Nihara or Hema. They are probably more humble. I don't know them personally so I can't say who is more or less.

All I'm saying is that Vinit's walkout wich included Himani and Hema was construed as an arrogant move and that this garnered a lot of votes for Debo and many people who liked these three specifically Vinit started thinking they were arrogant. So they lost votes and Debo gained votes due to this action. Personally , I felt any of the 3 were better singers then Debo.  

Now with Karunya people are doing the same thing. Even though he is more talented they are construing his statement as arrogant. 

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say now.  

Oh right, I see your point...I'm sorry I misunderstood you.

But still, I really dont think 'walkout issue' was what generated votes for Debo ...his voting trends had been like that the last few weeks few weeks in the show.

Anyway, I dont want to discuss regionalism any more than I already have...It was of wrong of me to have brought that up in the first place.

ranig IF-Dazzler
ranig
ranig

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Honestly, Svm73, not a big deal. These things happen. I knew you took it differently. If you look at the person before me it will make more sense. She mentioned it so I responded with that topic included.
I hate regionalism too. Otherwise I wouldn't of brought it up. That whole episode leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
By the way that episode was the first episode Debo had the highest votes after a long period and I know many people who started hating the three expecially Vinit because of that whole thing.
Let's forget it and move on....
The point is I could care less who is humble or not. I don't know them personally and I don't trust gossip mongers who construe one statement to mean something or the other.
All I know is Karunya is super duper talented and he deserves to be the Indian Idol!
Mona59 Senior Member
Mona59
Mona59

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:08am | IP Logged
I dont think they should even sony II should not even waste their time, Karunya is the best the world knows so why all the hulla gulla wasting public time and Money.
Sunitha.V Senior Member
Sunitha.V
Sunitha.V

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:13am | IP Logged

Honestly, Svm73, not a big deal. These things happen. I knew you took it differently. If you look at the person before me it will make more sense. She mentioned it so I responded with that topic included.
I hate regionalism too. Otherwise I wouldn't of brought it up. That whole episode leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
By the way that episode was the first episode Debo had the highest votes after a long period and I know many people who started hating the three expecially Vinit because of that whole thing.
Let's forget it and move on....
The point is I could care less who is humble or not. I don't know them personally and I don't trust gossip mongers who construe one statement to mean something or the other.
All I know is Karunya is super duper talented and he deserves to be the Indian Idol!

Ranig, you know I was an avid SRGMP watcher and voter from the beginning and I have voted for all who came in top 5 at some point or the other. Most of them were so young and it was such a talented bunch. I didn't think much of the mentors or the way people were voting though. It was sad the way it ended.

I also hope Karunya wins II, so that I can start believing again that public supports talent and hard work.

Go to top