Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shiverz thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

well, it's understandable WHY mallika is acting this way (she lost her money & love) but it's understandable to a point.

Now she's just being plain mean and cruel. And i don't think ANYTHING can justify what she is doing to jassi's family right now!😕

lub_u thumbnail

o well,

but didn't armaan already apologise infront of his family and malika and he already told malika that he doesn't love her. probably thats why malika is all pissed and wants to take revenge.

jprasad thumbnail

Originally posted by: pj04

nope i am not justifying her actions(they are becoming plain cheap) but i am saying that her anger is justified to some extent (you will realise this if you imagine yourself in her shoes losing your fiance and money to someone else in the same day). however i believe that if armaan acts sensibly he can fix this in a better way and faster and even cool mallika down(he is the only one who can do it). while he keeps saying takeover is not jassi's fault , he still has not said this clearly to anyone that it was all his idea and jassi was just following his orders. instead of explaining to mallika calmly that he fell in love jassi and he had no intentions of hurting mallika or that mallika would not be happy with him , he is rejecting her without giving any reasons or talking about it (enough to enrage any one). also he has not once reassured his investors and seths that he will try to restore the company in its former glory and make an attempt to restore thier money(people tend to go murderous when they go bankrupt), instead he is busy drinking and avoiding any legal actions against jassi(hieghts of immaturity).

why does he not come out and tell the entire sordid tale to mallika(including how he played jassi around taking advantage of her loyalty towards him). if mallika still pursues her vendatta on jassi , we are justified in condemning her.

I don't care to embarrass myself by placing myself in her sorry shoes and stoop to her level.  Mallika's sole mission is to embarrass Armaan and Jassi at any cost.  I don't think Armaan could explain to Mallika his feelings for Jassi or for that matter anything else, because of Mallika's present condition.  She has made herself quite unapproachable and if she really cared about her own well being, she would have done what Jassi did and that was to finally forgive. 

She doesn't care about the company and it is so apparent...she only uses the company name to assist in her personal revenge.  She makes all human beings look bad and there is nothing that can justify her wrong doings.

queenbee thumbnail
PJ, may I add my 2 cents to this conversation...

i agree that mallika is taking this revenge thing a little too literally but i think by forcing her to apologise armaan is adding fuel to the fire instead of setting things right. whatever the circumstances, the fact remains that

1) armaan and jassi are responsible for seths losing thier inherintance and money(mallika and aryan both seem to love gulmohar to death since it is not only thier source of income but also thier dead father's dream and work).

What business (pardon the pun) do Aryan and Mallika have blaming Armaan and Jassi for the loss of their so-called 'inheritance'?

First and foremost, anyone knows that business is a risk. If they were banking on it like one does on a life-support system or cold hard cash, expecting it to be the solution to all their problems of self-esteem and livelihood, that's their misconception. You can be passionate about making your company succeed and emotional about its origins but one thing you CANNOT do is expect it to sustain you forever. Can I say it again? Business is a risk. 99% of all businesses fail at some time or other. Those who have the guts to stay in business should also have the guts to rise like a phoenix from the ashes shud it all burn down tomorrow. What a business is NOT - is a guarantee for a safe and secure future.

Second, there is no saying what depths Aryan and Mallika would have stooped to, what underhanded methods employed to guarantee Gulmohur the success they think it deserves. From their extremely vindictive and crooked tactics with Jassi it is evident that they could have gone to great lengths to cover up their indiscretions should the need have arisen. So why is the pot calling the kettle black?😕??

2) armaan did decieve mallika , played around with her feelings and let both the families down

& ;nbs p;       instead of apologising for his mistakes and deceptions, breaking news about his love for jassi to mallika gently and trying to fix the monetary issue by restoring seth's money to them ...what does he do??......he rejects mallika brutally (almost insultingly), goes on a drinking binge crying jassi at regular intervals, tries to oppose any legal action against jassi and makes/forces mallika to apologise to walias (by now mallika is mad as a nest of hornets and is above any sensible decisions) making her even more mad. don't you think it is time armaan acted like adults, took responsibility for his mistakes and tried his hand at diplomacy(instead of deception and lying).

I beg to differ. Armaan did NOT reject Mallika brutally. He did all he could to avoid telling her face to face that it was all over. She literally had to drag it out of him, confront him with that infamous black bag, slap him, beg him. It's not in his nature to be mean.

Now why is it a problem if Armaan opposes legal action on Jassi!?!😕 Wouldn't he have been a pathetic spineless loser if he allowed Jassi to get incriminated and incarcerated for something that was his own game plan? Is THAT the way he should be rewarding her loyalty!?!?😕😕

I think Armaan did the only decent thing by taking Mallika to apologize to the Walias. Should he have ignored everything Nandu told him - would that make him a more faithful lover or decent person!?? He couldn't even have gone alone - the Walias don't trust him anymore. Why should they have believed a single word he said, unless he showed them he meant it? Besides, sometimes when full-grown adults behave like spoiled bitchy brats the only thing to do is the equivalent of spanking them on the bum - I am SO glad he dragged her there. If a stern grandma or mom had done this to her when she was 5, maybe she wud've been a LOT more well-behaved and respectful😡 I completely agree with Armaan's decision.

Another thing - the opposite of deception and lying is not diplomacy - it's honesty. And you just can't fault him there. He is doing what he says, he is behaving like a man. He can never again give Mallika a hope for a future together no matter how much pleading he sees in her eyes - because he cannot be disloyal to Jassi, in word or even in thought. He is not making grandiose plans abour Gulmohur's future, because his dad is in command of the ship and besides, who would believe him? He is even distancing himself from his childhood pal because he cannot bear to hear his love for Jassi being belittled.

How much more penitence can one man be expected to HAVE!?!?!??!?😭😭
Edited by queenbee - 19 years ago
kdokka thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Mallika had asked Armaan before the board meeting as to why  he was marrying her. He did not give her a straight answer. Two days before the wedding, if this situation arose, Mallika knew Armaan did not want to marry her. Since then, he has steadfastly refused to marry her (when his mom spoke with him), did not hear or do anything against Jassi. Why is Mallika hanging on to him. She went to the extent of ruining GM's reputation, bringing out in open what probably could still have been resolved with minimum mud slinging.

Mallika is doing all this because she lost Armaan and as her revenge against Jassi, not that her inheritance or her late father's memory was in danger.
hawa_hawai thumbnail

Originally posted by: jprasad

Basically, you are justifying everything Mallika has done.  I am sorry I don't agree and there is no need to put the blame on other people for her devious acts.  Everyone is responsible for their own actions.

Im with u! I mean yes her anger is a bit justified but y doing what she has done, she has become one of those ghatiya ppl she always accused Jassi of being. I dont think u can ever justify Malliaks treatment of Jassi's family

Jyoti_2006 thumbnail
Well said Queenbee ... I completely agree with each and every word of yours...
KiRaN_K thumbnail
i have a question, how can snobbish, "high society" malika be friends with someone as dumb as pari, who is not rich either, maybe even more poor than jassi. 😕..malika is...is..is..o i don't know..too many things to say about her... i hate her too much now.. 🤢
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Queenbee👏 

Good points Pooja,and though I do agree Armaan needs to do sum more to bring Gulmohar out of crisis but I don't agree on ur take for Mallika.

Mallika and Aryan are supposed to love Gulmohar above everything.So how come they are doing nothing to pull it out of the crisis and instead push it more to the edge of total destruction  by forging false accounts,press conferencing the whole world about the doldrums Gulmohar is in  and trying to trap a girl for sumthing she did not do? Armaan and Jassi made mistakes,blunders if U like, and did whatever they did to save Gulmohar from the fallouts of those blunders. What Mallika and Aryan are doing is to avenge their personal vendetta,Gulmohar be damned.

Whereas Mallika knows that it was Armaan who set Jassi up, that Jassi never meant any harm to either them or Gulmohar but Mallika is still hell bent on destroying her,even at the cost of the company - the so called legacy and dream of their father. For what reason ? Just so that everyone starts hating Armaan and he falls back on her ? How mean and vindictive can U get?

Mallika's anger is to some extent is understandable. But it wasn't as if her best friend had run away with her husband. Here her reluctant fiance whom she never trusted anyway and nearly suffocated with her overbearing attitude fell in love with the girl she despised merely on the grounds of looks and status. So though it would definitely calls for spewing verbal venom on that reluctant fiance and his erswhile lowstatus secretary,it does not call for going on a full scale war against everything that has even a thread of decency.

As for dealing gently with Mallika on Armaan's part,since when has it been easy to shake off a clingy creeper,especially a one which shows every sign of becoming carnivorous??

ides thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenbee

What business (pardon the pun) do Aryan and Mallika have blaming Armaan and Jassi for the loss of their so-called 'inheritance'?

First and foremost, anyone knows that business is a risk. If they were banking on it like one does on a life-support system or cold hard cash, expecting it to be the solution to all their problems of self-esteem and livelihood, that's their misconception. You can be passionate about making your company succeed and emotional about its origins but one thing you CANNOT do is expect it to sustain you forever. Can I say it again? Business is a risk. 99% of all businesses fail at some time or other. Those who have the guts to stay in business should also have the guts to rise like a phoenix from the ashes shud it all burn down tomorrow. What a business is NOT - is a guarantee for a safe and secure future.

I see ur point QB, but the fact is that Armaan was given the company to run, not run down to the ground. While the Suris maight forgive Armaan because of their blood relation with him, the Seths are a different matter altogether.....when u give something to another for safekeeping, one generally does not expect to be robbed of it forever.....the plain and simple fact is that Armaan betrayed the Seths in business and in relationships.....Also it is one thing to fail ur own business urself but to have someone else do that to u is very grating….

Second, there is no saying what depths Aryan and Mallika would have stooped to, what underhanded methods employed to guarantee Gulmohur the success they think it deserves. From their extremely vindictive and crooked tactics with Jassi it is evident that they could have gone to great lengths to cover up their indiscretions should the need have arisen. So why is the pot calling the kettle black???

well the jury is still out on this one......before now, Aryan and Mallika have never harmed Gulmohar.....how they would have reacted in a similar situation is hard to say…..they are different people when it comes to business….

I beg to differ. Armaan did NOT reject Mallika brutally. He did all he could to avoid telling her face to face that it was all over. She literally had to drag it out of him, confront him with that infamous black bag, slap him, beg him. It's not in his nature to be mean.

the reason Armaan did not tell Mallika was not due to any kindness on his part or any intention to spare her feelings…..he didn't tell her for the simple reason that his parents would be mad at him and that Mallika might decide to separate from Gulmohar, thereby harming the company….even at the board meeting when Armaan thought that all members had a copy of Raj's letter, he still kept saying that it was all lies…..that doesn't sound like a man willing to speak the truth, or spare someone….it sounds like a desperate boy trying to salvage the trust that his family put into him….

Now why is it a problem if Armaan opposes legal action on Jassi!?! Wouldn't he have been a pathetic spineless loser if he allowed Jassi to get incriminated and incarcerated for something that was his own game plan? Is THAT the way he should be rewarding her loyalty!?!?

Armaan taking a legal action is not the issue….the issue is that he is pushing Mallika to see things his way….but why should she…..she is also the wronged party….I'm not excusing her actions here, but the fact is that she too has been betrayed….Armaan can never believe that Jassi meant to betray him because of his love for her…but Mallika cant be sure that Jassi truly meant no harm, as she has no such feelings for Jassi…