India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Why do some girls hate Purab? (Page 5)

allegra Senior Member
allegra
allegra

Posted: 16 October 2004 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
I know someone here who named their daughter Anjali, except they changed the spelling to Anjli so it would not be mispronounced.

rabeeak2003 IF-Dazzler
rabeeak2003
rabeeak2003

Posted: 16 October 2004 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
BTW princess wht is ur real name! i am just curious! well my reall name is RABEEA AND last initial is K!
*Anjali* IF-Dazzler
*Anjali*
*Anjali*

Posted: 16 October 2004 at 10:35pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by allegra

I know someone here who named their daughter Anjali, except they changed the spelling to Anjli so it would not be mispronounced.

Yeah, that's a good idea, alle.  The only thing is I don't want to alter the way my parents wanted it spelled just b/c they can't pronounce it here.  I like the way it's spelled too, but it's just frustrating when people can't say such a simple name correctly Ouch 

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 16 October 2004 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
I hear u anjali.....have the same problem with my name ....only I used to have the same issues back home tooLOLLOL
Princess IF-Veteran Member
Princess
Princess

Posted: 16 October 2004 at 11:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anjali308

awwwwww, c'mon Princess, I'm sure your name isn't bad at all!!!!  Trust me, here in the U.S. when I was in school (like middle and high school), I got all sorts of strange pronunciations of my name like An-jolly and even worse Dead and it really got on my nerves!!! To the point, where I started to hate my name.  Of course, now I like it and all, but I got so sick of trying to get people to say it the right way. I mean c'mon, it's not that hard to say is it? Wink

I know excally how you feel same with my name. some people still can't say it right eventhough they have known my for more that 3 years. now i just don't care. I know what my name is and that's all that matters. Big smile My name means Family Victory thought and i think it's true too. long story why i think it's true. all tell you some other time.

Princess

anniegupta_ Goldie
anniegupta_
anniegupta_

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 12:48am | IP Logged
he he...people have a hard time saying my last name- gupta. They say it right actually. But we indians have a tendency to pronaunce and stress the vowels... so we say it is guuopta. So I don't blame 'em. I am so use to hearing gapta now that it doesn't even matter.

so now they just call me guppy... and i recently found out that it is also some type of fish LOL
kaleidoscope Goldie
kaleidoscope
kaleidoscope

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 1:20am | IP Logged

poor annie............I have a small guppy as a petLOL

radha_18 Senior Member
radha_18
radha_18

Posted: 17 October 2004 at 2:48am | IP Logged

The reason i hate purab:

* I love Betty la fea too muchBig smile. (ya, you must have figured it out from my earlier posts)

* I had already given my heart to ArmaanEmbarrassed and Purab was creating problems for himAngry.

* Purab is hell bent upon separating my favourite jodiAngry.

* It was for this charcter that the whole betty la fea story go butcheredCry!

* he reads jassi's personal diary - If anyone reads MY personal diary then i will surely hit the person. My diary is too sacred. But for jassi, her diary is a bundle of papers tied together and that's why she could tear it sooo easily!

* I can't figure out how he has 400 crores.... inheritence? or a clever PA like jassi?because he himself seldom works.Wink

* Why was he head over heels in love with jassi in 2 days? I may sound shallow but when a person loves ur soul then it usually takes a way lot more time.Tongue

These are the few reasons... i am sorry if i have offended anyone Smile

luv, radha

Go to top