Singing disasters Vs. Commercial Success

luvmusic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi all

I always wondered what made few singing disasters, a success commercially...before anyone jumps to conclusions on what i mean, here are the singers that I find aweful to hear, but their songs(esp the awefully sung ones) were huge success:

1.Altaf Raja (Tum tho thehre pardesi)

2.Lucky Ali (AA bhi ja)

I wonder what makes them succeed...may be momentary, but still....I have started this topic coz only when we look at worse we can appreciate what is good...I'm awaiting ur responses....

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Jaya* thumbnail
HR (Jhalak dikhlaa jaa - and all others) 😆 😆 😆
luvmusic thumbnail
😆 😆 😆

IMHO HR is not that bad....I mean I cant put him in the league of Altaf Raja...definitely...
giggles_2005 thumbnail
Aadesh Srivastatva called lucky Ali besura on national TV...but the latter has given some nice songs...will the technical experts step in with their comments....

Would you put the Babuji zara dheere chalo singer..Sonu kakkad in this category luv music?
X-rebel thumbnail

Originally posted by: luvmusic

😆 😆 😆

IMHO HR is not that bad....I mean I cant put him in the league of Altaf Raja...definitely...

Ya rightly said, HR is a worse singer than Altaf Raja.  😆

*Jaya* thumbnail
Originally posted by: amogh8188

Ya rightly said, HR is a worse singer than Altaf Raja.  😆

😆

luvmusic thumbnail

Originally posted by: giggles_2005

Aadesh Srivastatva called lucky Ali besura on national TV...but the latter has given some nice songs...will the technical experts step in with their comments....

Would you put the Babuji zara dheere chalo singer..Sonu kakkad in this category luv music?

Sonu Kakkad was not very impressive on her hit number 'Babuji' but I was surprised after I heard her on Sandeep Chowta's Mittti...she was sounding very different....other than these two I havent heard any of her songs...so I cant really arrive at any opinion...

luvmusic thumbnail

Originally posted by: anshu03

Well the song by Altaf raja, was identified by the masses and hence was a huge hit. It had a rural feel to it.
In a past post of mine, I had mentioned that songs sung differently or not in perfect sur have always gone on to become hits. Coz in India we like to sing our songs and imperfect singing is identified with. The audience feels closer to the song and hence the popularity.
Even RD Burman sang in a hoarse voice but was always liked.
See a song like Rang Barse, great song, but the true purists would find fault with AB's singing but the audience identify with it and everyone tries to sing it like him. Hence the popularity. Neela Asmaan So gaya was also similarly popular.
Same goes for HR to an extent.

Amitabh Bacchan is a huuuuuuuuuuge star...I think his star value adds a level of curiosity and also a level of appreciation by default to all his renditions.....

Thanks for the post Anshuman ji

axamiya thumbnail
Amitabh's rendition of "Main Yaha tu Waha" in Baghban is a gem... Amitabh is far better singer than HR or Altaf Raja.. IMHO Lucky Ali sings well.. In the late 90s his songs were very very popular, the album ones and also the film soundtracks..
coolsaints11 thumbnail
Kudi ne

kudi ne

Kudi ne mera dil lutiya..
by Anu Malik
I think Anu Malik as a singer has his own league..